Finally found the picture i was looking for

Gilby31

I live in Schwenksville pa. very tiny tiny town nobody really knows about but the history is ridiculous. George Washingtons troops, penny packer mills, PA's first copper mine. I knew all that stuff already plus a lot new things ive learned in the past few months. But all this time ive been searching and searching for an old picture of the town. finally last night i found it..

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map...wenksville+1894+Bird's+Eye+View/Pennsylvania/

the amazing part is alot of the buildings and both churches are still there after 100+ years and in decent shape.

im trying to get permission to go to some of the houses on the main road (in the picture the Victorian style homes on the main road at the left look amazing in person and there still there now) plus the church has alot of ground around it that might be nice to try out though i can never get ahold of the owner of it >.<

that huge white (mill maybe?) building dead center buy the creek is now a park and pavilion so im definitely going to be trying there again later today.

Does anyone live around this area at all or have any other pics/info? id love to talk about it and learn more or even find someone to come out and try the place with my brother and i

ive puller countless nails and metal rods out of the pavillion field last fall so im hoping for coins or something old to turn up this spring =D

thanks and yea ive been around those spots a lil, went to the old mill area today and found an ax head in my 4th hole. trying to figure out the age on it or get it clean to find a marking.

Back
Top Bottom