First turn-down due to American Diggers show

pocketspill

Elite Member
This weekend, I was turned down for an 1820's house specifically because the owner had seen American Diggers.

They would not listen to any conversation about how that was not what I did.

This weekend, I was turned down for an 1820's house specifically because the owner had seen American Diggers.

Yeah I caught an episode of that show and didnt think much of the annoying lead guy. Like many of us figured, this show isnt going to do anything possitive for the hobbie.

Sorry to hear about it costing you a good hunt.

Lakota

Yeah, that promo with the backhoe and the guy standing in a hole waist deep, was not going to help anyone get permission to hunt OPP (other people's property, no relation to the one hit wonder).

Brian

Yeah I can see other people getting turned down in the future as other people see it and think wow i don't want that done to my property. The last episode they said they return the land to be better then what it was. Then they went and cut down a tree with out asking the owner and they don't return it to the original way it was they just fill in the hole and leave it a muddy mess... I have to say atleast they fill in the holes:grin:

I hope that show gets cancelled. Just hearing that annoying wrestler yell BOOM BABY makes me want to smack him upside the head with a dead bluefish.

Could be that they weren't interesting in giving a complete stranger free run of their property to begin with, and the show was just a convenient excuse? Kind of like people are worried about liability, if happen to get hurt on their property. Some people try to let you down easy, politely. Figure they are either interested, or not, and no amount of pushing or selling is going to sweeten the deal. You get to trample and dig up their yard, keep all the treasure, and what's in it for them? A few less rusty nails, pull tabs, beer caps...

All we can do is try, now dust yourself off an knock on another door....maybe even 1 of their neighbor's close by.....good luck and hh

I would think that show would generate unreasonable expectations from property owners and not refusals.

When every piece of junk fetches 1000 dollars, you'd think they'd be lining up if they have seen the show.

So you said: "I MD for coins."

He said: "H no you ain't diggin up me yard with a backhoe!"

Just wait for him to forget, get his senses back, change his mind, sell, or croak, and knock again! Not the end of the road. Not everybody uses reason...

Hate the show but sure would like to sell some of the !!!! i dig up to the staged clowns that he sells his junk to at huge prices

Believe it or not, I actually got permission for a property BECAUSE of that show! I run ads on craigslist looking for properties, the owner just watched the show then was surfing cL saw my ad and emailed me, this was a few weeks ago, but it was a great farm house that gave up a lot of oldies

Back
Top Bottom