Business cards for treasure hunters

They've been awesome for me. And I dress up when I get permissions too (or usually just dressed well for work.)

My friend and I have been knocking on doors for about 12 years (hundreds and hundreds of places - quite often 3-4 a day or even more) and I still haven't had an occurrence where I thought having a card would be good. If someone is hard to reach we keep trying, or we're given their number and we get permission that way. I would definitely not leave a card and depend on someone to call me. Plus, I also have to say I just think it looks dumb and doesn't help because there's always going to be people who think you're nuts anyway for wanting to go and try and find stuff.... but not only are you nuts, you have a card too! There's some Detect Dynasty far ya... yeeehaaaa. :yes:

My friend and I have been knocking on doors for about 12 years (hundreds and hundreds of places - quite often 3-4 a day or even more) and I still haven't had an occurrence where I thought having a card would be good. If someone is hard to reach we keep trying, or we're given their number and we get permission that way. I would definitely not leave a card and depend on someone to call me. Plus, I also have to say I just think it looks dumb and doesn't help because there's always going to be people who think you're nuts anyway for wanting to go and try and find stuff.... but not only are you nuts, you have a card too! There's some Detect Dynasty far ya... yeeehaaaa. :yes:

Speaking of being nuts, what's your success rate when you're wearing that suit you have on in your avatar?:yes:

I view business cards as a good thing if used right. I would NOT go knocking on doors handing out cards. However, if someone approaches me and starts up a conversation about metal detecting, then THEY opened to door and leaving a card would be appropriate. That is how networking is done.

See? I knew that marketing degree would pay off at some point! LOL

Good piece of advice. May I add something more? If you get permission to hunt a property, give the owner a card so he can call you if something else pops up (like a friend who may be interested). Only do this after permission is granted. Also have a mention of finding lost articles on your card if you are so inclined.

Not to be a brown-noser, but I just designed a batch that not only has my name and email address, has a big plug for lostmystuff.net. Many times I've been approached by people who have wanted to buy a MD because they lost something. Best I could do was refer them to the site. With the card I can do that, plus give my personal info if it's for something besides a lost item.

I also put down my permit number for the park popo and to make it look more official.

DemoCard.jpg

Vistaprint can make you a batch of 250 for free + shipping.

What exactly do you mean dress well? I wouldn't show up in ragged jeans and a dirty t-shirt, but are you talking like khaki pants and a golf shirt, or what?

Just curious...

Rodney

They've been awesome for me. And I dress up when I get permissions too (or usually just dressed well for work.)

This is a card I made on my computer and I have gotten many good leads with it.
picture.php

It looks professional enough to covey that Im serious about what I do but informal enough to make people feel comfortable with me. All in all it has worked for me.

this is what i use..........

Attachments

• P3200146.jpg
    P3200146.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 192
Back
Top Bottom