Messed up my Bullseye now what?

jonctd

I replaced the switch in my BEII. The problem happened when I removed the switch. ALL of the solder came away from the board when I heated the broken switch contact attache to the board.(The other swich contact has solder left) so when I soldered the wire to it it wasn't making good contact. Is there a way to replace solder back to the fiberglass board?

Without seeing exactly what you are talking about, it sounds like the solder pad lifted off of the board. If this is the case, you can run a jumper wire. (BTW, if you have a picture of the damage, please post it.)

Get some thin wire, such as wire-wrap wire, and solder one end to the switch. Follow the trace along its destination, and then solder the other end of the wire to a connection that the trace connects to. You can then hot-glue the jumper to the board if it is a long run to hold it in place.

I'd only suggest this repair if you are very good at soldering. If not, find a professional to help you out. You could end up doing more damage if you are not careful.

Back
Top Bottom