Total Surprise

yooper69

Elite Member
I went back to the 1911 golf course to find some more silver. Started out finding some clad then a couple of mercs . So i started walking towards some huge oak trees along the side of the club house and got a screaming signal jumping between 35-39 on the nox . So i circled the signal continuing to check numbers and from one angle they read from 32-39 but most were 35-39 . So i was excited thinking a possible Silver dollar . Cut my plug and seen copper patina about 9-10 inches down and thought what the heck and then i opened the plug and it hit me what i had and could not believe what i was looking at. Never thought i would find one especially here in Michigan at a 1911 golf course. So now i have beat my 1857 flying eagle cent to my new oldest coin 1849. Thanks for looking and happy hunting. IMG_20191130_121539947.jpg

IMG_20191130_121614901.jpg

Very nice coin congrats! That is near the top of my bucket list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Y
Congrats Yooper , that's a nice one !

That Largie is in very good condition Mike. Congrats on digging your oldest coin and your first LC. Trapper

Very nice! I am still looking for mine!

Very nice coin congrats! That is near the top of my bucket list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow! Congrats on the epic find! :woot:

That is a super find, Yooper! It's in nice shape, too! :woot:
Thank you . It was a big surprise and a nice one.

I went back to the 1911 golf course to....

It figures. The md'r east-of-the-Mississippi goes to a 1911 golf course, and .... does he dig teens coins ?? NNNeeeoooohhhh. Instead he digs a large cent. Sick sick sick . :sissyfight:

It figures. The md'r east-of-the-Mississippi goes to a 1911 golf course, and .... does he dig teens coins ?? NNNeeeoooohhhh. Instead he digs a large cent. Sick sick sick . :sissyfight:

I am sure you had to correct the spelling of md'r... No doubt you originally had an 'f' in place of the 'd'. Tom Triggers are an endless source of amusement.

That’s a surprise of surprises Yoop! I recall my first LC like it was yesterday, my head about fell off. Seeing something THAT old with a completely foreign looking design and realizing its old US copper...what a thrill! You can go sit in the house now, it’s over.:lol:
Monstrous congrats on your oldest yet!

:laughing: I was going to title this thread THIS ONES FOR YOU TOM :laughing:
Never thought I would get my coil over one .

:laughing: I was going to title this thread THIS ONES FOR YOU TOM :laughing:
Never thought I would get my coil over one .

It is amusing that he complains about large cents, when he and all his Cali buddies get into California minted gold coin fights when the hunting gets slow...

Maybe at some point those pesky large cents will get dug up, then we can find some silver😬👍

It is amusing that he complains about large cents, when he and all his Cali buddies get into California minted gold coin fights when the hunting gets slow...

Yeah, I'm a bit-over-due for another gold coin :lol:

A lot of CA md'rs have found gold coins. And some are even up into multiples (3, 4, 7, etc....) That is one consolation we have out here, is there's chances at gold coins. The other consolation is that we tend to get more S mints, which are usually the better numismatic dates :cool:

Shocker!! :shock: Way to go Yooper! An honest to goodness large cent! From the first half of the 1800s no less! Awesome dig!
I'm a bit surprised you aren't froze out or snowed out yet, like it is here.

Back
Top Bottom