• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Any F-Pulse users with an opinion yet?

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I’m curious about any opinions (both good and bad) about Fisher’s new pinpointer. I currently have a Garrett carrot, but I keep tossing the idea around about getting the F-Pulse. Thanks to all that chime in with a response.

I’m curious about any opinions (both good and bad) about Fisher’s new pinpointer. I currently have a Garrett carrot, but I keep tossing the idea around about getting the F-Pulse. Thanks to all that chime in with a response.

I've had mine going on two weeks and it is the best pointer I ever used. It turns on a tad slow, but after that, it's great. Wonderful depth, side detection but the side seems slightly conical, if that is possible. It does everything the rest of my pointers do, all in one package.

Love my F Pulse. Replaced my Garrett.
Better build quality than the Garrett’s and TRX.

So many settings too. Deeper and more sensitive than my Garrett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin was over my house last week and I got to handle the f-pointer, it is very impressive. Sensitivity is outstanding, build quality to.

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Tapatalk

Yep...what these guys said. Got mine in f75 plus package and Love it...always thought the carrot was a pain in the rear just to turn off and on....never have liked it. Mines goin down the road soon.

Absolutely hate my F pulse pointer.It constantly falses, often having to undo the battery plug to stop it because the switch does nothing when it goes into runaway mode.I called the service dept and they told me I don't know how to operate it correctly, person's English was not that great or my hearing is worse than I thought.I tried different settings with the same result, I tried contacting them by email with no results.The worst $129 I ever spent !

Put new quality alkeline AA’s in it - if that doesn’t fix the problem, your unit is probably defective. I had similar problems with mine which turned out to be due to weak batteries.

Call Felix at customer service at Fisher in El Paso - he is quite helpful and if there is anything which can be done by phone he can help you sort it out.

Otherwise a trip to El Paso is necessary for your pp - unless your dealer will exchange it.

Yep...what these guys said. Got mine in f75 plus package and Love it...always thought the carrot was a pain in the rear just to turn off and on....never have liked it. Mines goin down the road soon.

If it decides to take Cellrdwellr avenue, let me know! I traded one of mine and got a minelab profind 15, and ill tell ya, minelab makes great detectors but horrible pinpointers :yes: it doesnt come with a light or the option of changing settings...not sure why they even made this pointer? I mean they already have the two other better models... My buddy just picked up an f-pulse but he hasn't been able to get out with it yet.

I traded one of mine and got a minelab profind 15, and ill tell ya, minelab makes great detectors but horrible pinpointers :yes: it doesnt come with a light or the option of changing settings...not sure why they even made this pointer? I mean they already have the two other better models... My buddy just picked up an f-pulse but he hasn't been able to get out with it yet.

I agree, its always been a lousy pinpointer. Hard to believe such a great detector company doesnt put out a comparably great pinpointer. The PF-15 was their first one and its been out for a while now. I think it was discontinued this year when they released the PF-35 and PF25.

Even the PF-25 and 35 depth is just "ehh".

Was looking at one since the vibraprobe is getting a bit worn out, but the 6ft waterproofing killed it for me. I think 5ft is the max I'll be snorkeling in, but do you really want to use an electronic device constantly at 5ft that is only rated for 6ft depth :D

Put new quality alkeline AA’s in it - if that doesn’t fix the problem, your unit is probably defective. I had similar problems with mine which turned out to be due to weak batteries.

Call Felix at customer service at Fisher in El Paso - he is quite helpful and if there is anything which can be done by phone he can help you sort it out.

Otherwise a trip to El Paso is necessary for your pp - unless your dealer will exchange it.

I am using tenergy ni-mh rechargeable batteries but I will get a set of duracells tomorrow to try. I called fisher, Felix was at lunch, they put me through to service dept which put me through to a technician which hung up on me .I called back got through to a technician, told them my problem, he said reboot the pointer , which I have been doing since the switch does not turn the runaway pointer off. I 'll try new batteries first and if not normal, I will try to contact Felix again. I will say that it has goods depth when I can get it to work right which is only about the third of the time.

I am using tenergy ni-mh rechargeable batteries but I will get a set of duracells tomorrow to try. I called fisher, Felix was at lunch, they put me through to service dept which put me through to a technician which hung up on me .I called back got through to a technician, told them my problem, he said reboot the pointer , which I have been doing since the switch does not turn the runaway pointer off. I 'll try new batteries first and if not normal, I will try to contact Felix again. I will say that it has goods depth when I can get it to work right which is only about the third of the time.

I ran mine in Eneloops which I've owned for a year or two. The first pair of Eneloops I used did much the same thing, and I think I might have had one cell possibly in weaker condition, and the demand the pulse induction might have been too much. Mine started falling falsing, wouldn't detect at all but the light was on like it was energized. I couldn't even power off with the button and then pulled the batteries.

It did it again on day two, so I called for support and was asked to try alkaline batteries and get back to them with a report. I have hunted 3-4 days without an issue with the alkaline batts.

My take here is that this pointer is likely picky on re-chargable batteries, unless the batteries are pristine in quality and newness. That's just a guess, yet I am testing my Eneloops with my smart charger to charge and then discharge. Looking to see if the voltage on any one battery decays faster than the others.

In the end, I am just going to use real alkaline batteries in the F-Pulse. The tests is for personal education to see if my theory is correct. Alkalines started at 1.60V, where the Eneloops give only resting 1.40V. I like the pointer enough to use store bought alkalines without hesitation.

My Pistol Probe uses 2 alkaline 9V batteries and with it being pulse indiction, I suspect the beefy power of two 9Vs, indicate a need for heavy duty capacity. We may all learn that rechargable AA batteries will be a hassle, and maybe this is hit and miss between individual units.

I'll be interested if many others do have problems. I'm not so sold I won't rethink the issue. So far, the Rayovac AA alkaline batteries are doing great.

I ran mine in Eneloops which I've owned for a year or two. The first pair of Eneloops I used did much the same thing, and I think I might have had one cell possibly in weaker condition, and the demand the pulse induction might have been too much. Mine started falling falsing, wouldn't detect at all but the light was on like it was energized. I couldn't even power off with the button and then pulled the batteries.

It did it again on day two, so I called for support and was asked to try alkaline batteries and get back to them with a report. I have hunted 3-4 days without an issue with the alkaline batts.

My take here is that this pointer is likely picky on re-chargable batteries, unless the batteries are pristine in quality and newness. That's just a guess, yet I am testing my Eneloops with my smart charger to charge and then discharge. Looking to see if the voltage on any one battery decays faster than the others.

In the end, I am just going to use real alkaline batteries in the F-Pulse. The tests is for personal education to see if my theory is correct. Alkalines started at 1.60V, where the Eneloops give only resting 1.40V. I like the pointer enough to use store bought alkalines without hesitation.

My Pistol Probe uses 2 alkaline 9V batteries and with it being pulse indiction, I suspect the beefy power of two 9Vs, indicate a need for heavy duty capacity. We may all learn that rechargable AA batteries will be a hassle, and maybe this is hit and miss between individual units.

Thank you for the response.Yes,I put regular alkalines in it and it seems to work better but I will know more Friday when I am able to detect with it out in the wild.No one told me about this until here at the forum.I will be the first to correct my opinon of it if it cures the problem.

Thank you for the response.Yes,I put regular alkalines in it and it seems to work better but I will know more Friday when I am able to detect with it out in the wild.No one told me about this until here at the forum.I will be the first to correct my opinon of it if it cures the problem.

F Pulse is supposed to run 50hrs on lithium batteries.

F Pulse is supposed to run 50hrs on lithium batteries.

That brings up a question. Do these 25 & 50 hours of runtime mean that may hours of "on-hours"? If so,25 and 50 hours will feel like 100 on mine. My pointer get turned off 2-3 times in many digs, and always turned off when finished with a hole.

Actual on-time to equal 25 hours will be a long long time unless other factors are involved.

UPDATE: I just finished ordering a Fisher F-pulse online from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. I’m looking forward to putting it to some good use. For those of you on the fence about purchasing one I would like to suggest that you watch a YouTube video review by HunterGT. It is a very informative video.

I’ll also add that this pin pointer has many modes that can be accessed by various button push sequences.

Some that are currently undocumented.

Many settings can be tweaked in these modes.

This pin pointer is very customizable compared to a lot of others.

I've been using mine for a while. It is very sensitive (as a matter of fact I prefer using it in low sensitivity).

Now, in a couple of hunts I have need to reboot it 4 times. I don't think it is normal, and I've read several posts about users with same issue, or even worse.

It is not rechargeable batteries friendly so I stopped using mine that work perfectly in other machines. It works ok with alkaline, but to my taste even 4 times that is has frozen and I needed to reboot it, are too much.

It seems to be a good pinpointer but sadly it seems quality control was not very good, imho.

Back
Top Bottom