Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Elite Member

Default Thrifting goodies continue

The small earrings ( mop and 925) were found about 10 days ago. Just the peace sign about the same time, got that from my friend with the thrift shop, I think $ 5.00 The flower earrings and silver disc was on my Alabama trip. Both sterling. $2.00 The big basketball and hoop and the neck chain and ring were today's finds less than $3.00. I wasn't sure about the ring but I scratched it inside, no change in color and ran the detector over it at it rang in at 79-80 on the AT PRO. So I'm pretty sure it's silver. Good couple weeks..
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Elite Member

Nice ! Thrift stores "are like a box of chocolates " You just never know what you are going to find . A great place for those older hard to find CD's and other things . Sometimes you see family pictures and you wonder how they ever got there . I've seen such things at garage sales also . Keep having fun and Merry Christmas to you and yours !

Old 12-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Elite Member

Good finds, always fun to spot something better than expected!

Old 12-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
Nice ! Thrift stores "are like a box of chocolates " You just never know what you are going to find . A great place for those older hard to find CD's and other things . Sometimes you see family pictures and you wonder how they ever got there . I've seen such things at garage sales also . Keep having fun and Merry Christmas to you and yours !
Thank you so much, thrift stores are an odd places for sure. Makes you want to scratch your head sometimes. You have a very Merry Christmas also !!

Old 12-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
Good finds, always fun to spot something better than expected!
Thanks Zee I found some more today at the same place as the basketball pendant, I'll post that next week.