Deep detectors?

frhamlet

Forum Supporter
I owned an etrac in the past and with it I discovered something. A detector going deeper than 1 foot is not all that great a thing...I hated digging that deep. Have any of you etracer's had the same experience. The f75 does it too.

Going that deep in a public area would look shady to me. Plus who wants to dig that deep and it not be worth it. A few times finding crap I'd be aggravated. 6 inches is good for me.

I tried that with a PI detector. It was very time consuming. The thing is that a detector that can detect a foot can also give you a solid signal at 8 inches where as with other detectors 8 inches would be a broken signal.
I think I would try to master the deeper detector personally.

I owned an etrac in the past and with it I discovered something. A detector going deeper than 1 foot is not all that great a thing...I hated digging that deep. Have any of you etracer's had the same experience. The f75 does it too.

Going that deep in a public area would look shady to me. Plus who wants to dig that deep and it not be worth it. A few times finding crap I'd be aggravated. 6 inches is good for me.

I have owned and used Explorer for years. It goes as deep as an Etrac. Good finds aren't always 6 inches or less. I bought the Explorer for deep silver and it has proved itself. I find more silver coins now than I did with my other machines. Very few places will have pre-1900s silver 5 inches down. If you know your machine and what it is telling you, you'll know when to dig.

HH! :D

I like the depth of my AT PRO... Not TOO deep and gives me very good signal ID up to 9". The PI detectors are plain awesome, but constantly digging 12" deep+ holes with iffy 11-42 to 11-47 VID#'s is kind of a bummer...(I watch some people do it QUITE often..) Having stated the former, it's nice when those DEEP holes DO in fact produce the Goods!

If you LIKE to dig and you wanna' go REALLY deep, try the "eXp 5000"!!
(probably well worth the 35k for a serious treasure hunter...)

Cheers,

I mostly hunt old sites 1600-1800's and I am willing to dig as deep as I need to which is why I use an Explorer and F75. When you are at sites like that 12+ inch finds tend to be OLD and even trash that old can be valuable. :D

Also just turn down the sens on the F75 or E-trac and you should knock some depth off if you do not like to dig too deep.

the bad thing about turning down the sensitivity is you miss the smaller stuff that's not so deep. I was just reflecting on how I had to have a full fledged shovel with me on etrac hunts!

I mostly hunt old sites 1600-1800's and I am willing to dig as deep as I need to which is why I use an Explorer and F75. When you are at sites like that 12+ inch finds tend to be OLD and even trash that old can be valuable. :D

I'll second that!

Back
Top Bottom