Jekyll Island is a State Park? But Excalibur has a nose for precious metal!!!

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
Who knew? DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!! OK so now I know the D@%*ED place is OFF LIMITS !! I won't take the detector back there!!!
Yes, now where was I? Ok, we go to Jekyll Island Ga. for a golf tournament and I have this BRAND NEW detector. let me repeat myself, there are miles of wonderful beach there and I have this brand new detector... So my first afternoon I decide to take the Excal for a leisurely stroll and not three minutes after I get it turned on, threshold set and earphones on my head I dig a pull tab. Wife is helping and onlookers saying 'watch, he'll probably find a ring". Well, one step later minus the onlookers I do just that! A 925 with what looks like Motherofpearl? The ocean was nearly lifeless in the wave dept. and it was slack tide. Next day in the pm I go out again but only dig the fishing weight, a tent pin and some bottle caps. Not too hepped on keeping those for pics ya see so I only snapped one. Yesterday a nice couple on the beach informed me that I was out of bounds at which time I folded it up and put the machine away. Not being desirous of any kind of constabularial? confrontation in which I might have an $1100 detector confiscated.
Any road here's a pic or two of the nut. I likes my Excal1000 but it is a LOAD!
Jim
JekyllNut010.jpg

JekyllNut001.jpg

JekyllNut009.jpg

that excalibur will never let u down

will find much much precious tickets, keep swinging

L O A D................Yes it is.................hip or belt mount it, much nicer that way.

Attachments

• excaliberlmedsmall.jpg
    excaliberlmedsmall.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,335
Not to start any drama.... But the Excal is not the only water machine that finds the good stuff... And if you are a water hunter who can read a beach and know where to go and where not to go any water machine will find the good stuff.

Craig;
I hear ya! You are right about the man making the machine, I wasn't going in the water and really wasn't prepared to even wade. It was low tide though. I'm just proud I happened over a silver ring not five minutes after I began to search on my first day with the new detector. I'm working on my floating sifter, have the frame together with the hardware cloth attached. Got some stryofoam from a furniture store's shipping carton discards. Not the kind of floatation I hoped for but I don't know where to find it. Gotta find a way to protect it like fiberglassing it or it'll disintegrate right fast.
Looking forward to Myrtle Beach.
HH
Jim

You will like this Jim... I got to my beach this moring at 6:30 am and forgot my guantlet gloves and I wasn't driving an hour back home so I went in the water and dug in the 40's water with bare arms and hands... Actually after my hands numbed out it wasn't so bad :lol:

Thou hast my respect O toughmeister! I know I'd have balked at an hour drive home for ANYTHING! 40 degree water! We ARE hooked aren't we?
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom