Possible artillery fuse plug or something else.

Larbo

I think this may be an old artillery fuse plug but I'm not sure. Can anybody identify it?

Last edited:
has the right looks, Would take a bit of searching to match it though, good luck.

I see that you are in Japan. As to the American civil war, I don't think that is part of an artillery fuse or shell. I went thru Charles Jones' book on civil war era fuses and couldn't find a match. But that doesn't rule out it belonging to a shell of a different period or different army. It does make you think artillery though.

I see that you are in Japan. As to the American civil war, I don't think that is part of an artillery fuse or shell. I went thru Charles Jones' book on civil war era fuses and couldn't find a match. But that doesn't rule out it belonging to a shell of a different period or different army. It does make you think artillery though.

Thanks. I don't know anything about old artillery but I couldn't think of anything else it might be. I added a better pictuere. You can see some cracks around the edge where it looks like it may have exploded.

I guess it is fuze an not fuse. I learned that from watching Acquachigar videos. I don't know about Japanese artillery but it seem like it could be from a canon ball or something.

Back
Top Bottom