CTX 3030 Depth

BlackRain

Elite Member
I would like to get a feel for the depth of this machine for coins, what is the deepest coin that you have ever found with it and what is the percent of coins that you have found that were past 6 inches deep? Mainly interested in finding old silver coins, is this machine worth the money?? I have a V3i and have found a mercury dime at 8 inches, but that is about the deepest that I have found a coin. I have only had the V3i two months. I would like to know if its much, or any better than the V, at finding deep, old coins.

I would like to get a feel for the depth of this machine for coins, what is the deepest coin that you have ever found with it and what is the percent of coins that you have found that were past 6 inches deep? Mainly interested in finding old silver coins, is this machine worth the money?? I have a V3i and have found a mercury dime at 8 inches, but that is about the deepest that I have found a coin. I have only had the V3i two months. I would like to know if its much, or any better than the V, at finding deep, old coins.

It's worth the money just in regards to the speed and efficiency in iron and junk. I've been going back to those "hunted out" spots that have been hammered for years by Etracs and White's and pulling the silvers out of the iron that all the other machines nulled out over. And that's with the stock coil, I haven't even bought the small 06 coil yet, but I hear it's even more killer in the iron. But it does go pretty deep as well. I haven't used it very long yet but I've pulled a few at 8 and 9" so far and I'm sure it gets em deeper than that.

I have hunted strictly with my CTX this year and have had really limited time on it, but have over 40 silver coins and 200 wheat pennies from an avg. depth of around6-8 inches.

Great machine for the turf and I will be testing it on the beaches here shortly.

Greg

Finding deep coins is no guarantee. You need to find a place that has coins to begin with. I found a dime at 10 inches. It was a faint signal, but it it was enough to stop me and investigate. Is the CTX deeper than other top of the line detectors? I have no idea. But it finds targets.

Finding deep coins is no guarantee. You need to find a place that has coins to begin with. I found a dime at 10 inches. It was a faint signal, but it it was enough to stop me and investigate. Is the CTX deeper than other top of the line detectors? I have no idea. But it finds targets.

Yup. I have gotten dimes an IH's at 8-9 inches. Can it go deeper?? Maybe. If I knew for sure there was a large silver at 10+inches, I'd like to think it would chime in. But ,that is the rub. We never know what is done there.

I have seen my machine register 13" deep on the screen. Join the CTX 3030 forum.

What he said. A friend of mine has been using a CTX for a year. He doesn't have silver coins to hunt like some. So he is still undecided as to does a CTX go any deeper than his ace 350 did. All sorts of factors come into play. I'm saving for one to see if it penetrates our sand any better. Machines struggle for depth here inland. All of them. Unless we get rain the day before it is hard to get machines to track the ground. So you are already at a loss just due to that.

I hit a merc at 9" with my DFX - 10 DD coil. I just upgraded to the V3i. If you have it set right it is more than capable of hitting a dime at 12+". You have a great machine, unless you just have money to burn...stick with the V3i.

I upgraded from a MXT Pro and other than the coins I have found at the beach/lake in the water, I think the MXT Pro would have found everything that the CTX has.

I dug a dime on a freshwater sand beach that was almost as deep as my Lesche is long with the CTX. My friend's Etrac picked it up as well.

If you're a dirt hunter, stick with the V3i...it's an awesome machine.

I personally love my CTX. As for depth it's right up there with the best but where it really shines is in the trash. It's lightning fast. The ability to creat your own tone settings is amazing too. Plus it's water proof. I can hit dimes in my soil consistently around 10 inches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uOJYH5KOM here's an example of what we're finding.

You want deep, use one of these. Let everybody else dig 13" or less:lol:

Attachments

• 1_2-m-coil-on-detector2.jpg
    1_2-m-coil-on-detector2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 6,783
I've never used a CTX 3030, I'm sure by what I've read they are great machines. Expensive machines! You gotta decide if it is worth the extra money. Depth is going to be determined by where you are located. If you live in an area that has highly mineralized ground, no matter what detector you have your not going to get much past 8 inches. I have an older XLT and dug a silver dime at 7 inches that's the deepest I've ever found one. I live in central Alabama. There are old iron ore mines everywhere, so our ground is very mineralized. To find a dime at 7 inches is very good depth. We have a layer of clay at about 4-5 inches down generally and most coins and objects sink to the clay layer and stops or else begins to sink extremely slow. So our silver layer around here lays about that depth. That's not to say they can't be deeper. I've heard the CTX is great at pulling silver out of iron and I'm sure it is, but I pulled a silver rosie at 4 inched with a nail laying on top of it. The rosie still has a rust stain on it. I've pulled silver on several occasions that were touching iron with my XLT, My advice to anyone is to learn the machine you have like the back of your hand and do research and find those old home sites. I've pulled 38 silver coins and 7 pieces of silver jewelry just this year, and I haven't been able to get out but maybe and average of about 3 times a month this year, if that. I do not pass up iffy signals though, and I may have to dig a little more than most but that is not a negative because I have found some nice and I mean NICE relics. I always dig everything from around nickle then skip to bottle cap and up. I probably miss the gold though cause I'm tired of digging tabs and can slaw.

Back
Top Bottom