Cheap Pin Pointer?

Ketchup boy

I have heard that a stud finder can be used for pin pointing but don't they also find wooden studs as well? Is there a certain kind or brand that works the best. Unless there is a cheap pin pointer on ebay or something, Which say below 30 dollar pinpointer would you recommend. I would appreciate some feedback, and thanks everyone for all of your help.

I'm thinking about getting a little wizard, seems worth the 20 bucks. Anyone
any other comments of why or why not i should buy this?]

Thanks

I'm thinking about getting a little wizard, seems worth the 20 bucks. Anyone
any other comments of why or why not i should buy this?]

Thanks

Only heard good reports about them, some of the guys over here ( England ) use them with great results.

Go for it. they are nice and compact. Would not even bother with the other one in the link above ( award winning???? ha ha ). It just dont look like that strong, plus you would need a big pocket to keep it in. How you could probe inside a smalll hole with that ( esp- the sides ) is beyond me.

GET the WIZZARD.

Excellent tool the little wizzard. Originally used to find nails in wood... wood works use them. Has about 2 to 2 1/2 inch depth. I used one before my current one. They arent water proof but do hold up pretty well. They are great on say a beach where you just cant find that little coin. I was ruff on mine it lasted about 2 years before the coil inside came unglued. I just glued it back and it still works.

That thing is hilarious! You know some poor guy who had been wanting a metal detector got one of these for a birthday or Father's Day.:lol:

If I'm going to get one I want one like this. An R/C metal detector, I can see the wife with scoop right now! :lol: HH Rick

Attachments

• 4517_500.jpg
    4517_500.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,204
That certainly is pretty cool! But that is not what i am getting, i am getting this:http://wizarddetectors.com/metaldt.cfm
But I got it off of a cheaper site.

Ketchup - I ordered the same thing as you last night off Amazon for $11.00. That's a pretty low investment, so even if it doesn't work I won't feel that bad.

Thanks for bringing it up! I've been thinking about a pinpointer for a while but I'm too dang cheap for a $100 one (my detector cost that much!)

11 bucks? it must have been used right? I just got a brand new one because i figure I'm going to be using it forever until it dies, hopefully years from now.

11 bucks? it must have been used right? I just got a brand new one because i figure I'm going to be using it forever until it dies, hopefully years from now.

No, it's new. $11 on Amazon. I posted the link below. Shipping was $5.

aww poop i already ordered one for 25. Oh well.. I never even thought of checking on amazon.

I got the Wizard in the mail last night, which was pretty amazing since I ordered in on Sunday evening!!!

At any rate, it seems like it will work. In tests in my house, it consistently beeped when it got within an inch or so of all the metal items I could thow at it - coins, gold, etc.

The only drawback may be that it has a rather broad detecting end, as opposed to the smaller probe ends on other pinpointers.

The biggest advantage is that it cost me $15 and was at my house in two days.

I'll post again after I get a chance to test it in the field.

Little Wizard

This product is amazing. It is so worth the 11 to 20 bucks. Get it!
It cuts my times in half, and sometimes less! Wow i'm just so amazed that a product this cheap can be so great!

This product is amazing. It is so worth the 11 to 20 bucks. Get it!
It cuts my times in half, and sometimes less! Wow i'm just so amazed that a product this cheap can be so great!

I've only been out once with mine so far, but my first impression is the same. It really cuts down on retrieval time, and it reduces the probability of me scratching a find. I'm really pleased with it, especially since it was only $15 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom