First Horseshoe

TandTmrh

Went today with a couple of friends, one of them I met from this website, and we hit a spot that was known to be a stronghold for Sherman's troops as they pushed to the Coast of GA (Savannah). Found my first horseshoe, right in the middle of the earthen works. I'm pretty sure they came from Sherman's horse. :laughing:

A first for me, and was exciting digging it out of the ground. Rang up around 27 on my AT pro, and was about 8 inches in the ground.
uzxOvvK.jpg

Kvq6ZvE.jpg

Great Find! Especially in that historic route! Who's horse that shoe came off and under what circumstances makes these kind of finds so interesting to think about! Cool!

Went today with a couple of friends, one of them I met from this website, and we hit a spot that was known to be a stronghold for Sherman's troops as they pushed to the Coast of GA (Savannah). Found my first horseshoe, right in the middle of the earthen works. I'm pretty sure they came from Sherman's horse. :laughing:

A first for me, and was exciting digging it out of the ground. Rang up around 27 on my AT pro, and was about 8 inches in the ground.
uzxOvvK.jpg

Kvq6ZvE.jpg

Yup! I think Sherman was the only one who had a horse in that Battle definitely Shermans!:heartylaugh:

Back
Top Bottom