JGD Kelly's Ford Group Hunt

kreagerm

Elite Member
Like Always James put on another great event. Some folks did better then others but it's really all about spending time on a CW site with friends and family!! I think it's safe to say everyone had a great time. I love CW relic hunting and day one landed me some relics, and an1853 Half Cent. But the best part was when I hit 3 buckets at 12-18" deep that would lead to a fire pit. More bullets, my first pipe missing the bowl and 2 broken bottles. All In all I had a great weekend and it was nice meeting a bunch of new folks as well as seeing some folks I haven't seen since the last JGD event. Looking forward to our next group outing!!! I also found my first Eagle I Button!! Also found that really neat carved bullet that's either a dog or a dinosaur.

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpg
    IMG_4237.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_4238.jpg
    IMG_4238.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_4244.jpg
    IMG_4244.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_4239.jpg
    IMG_4239.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 547
Pit

Attachments

• IMG_4240.jpg
    IMG_4240.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_4241.jpg
    IMG_4241.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_4242.jpg
    IMG_4242.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 551
Oh so you were one of the guys digging huts, saw your finds at the lunch on one of the trailers, congrats on some nice digs , those hunts are always killer. Love the bottle man

Now safe to say this is what the hobby is all about , congrats to all of ya , !,,,,HH

Congrats on a great hunt! You made some really nice finds. Really like the pipe stem and the bottle -- nice job putting it together. I got into one small fire pit with a button back. Saw ash and dug it out about 3' by 3' deep and nothing else then the ash ran out. I will get my hunt pics posted up today. Been working on cleaning a toasted coin, but getting absolutely no detail. Think its a fatty IH by size

awesome finds, congrats on a good time!
Thanks!!!

Oh so you were one of the guys digging huts, saw your finds at the lunch on one of the trailers, congrats on some nice digs , those hunts are always killer. Love the bottle man
Yes sir Bob there were some nice finds. How about that wagon Axle, damn!!! Thanks Again

Cool finds buddy. HH
Thanks!!!

Now safe to say this is what the hobby is all about , congrats to all of ya , !,,,,HH

Such a fun group of guys!!

That bottle looks really cool put together cracks and all. I'd put that on my shelf.

Thanks so much. I have one more to try to piece together.

Some real nice finds.
Congrats and thanks for sharing,
Thank You!!!

Congrats on a great hunt! You made some really nice finds. Really like the pipe stem and the bottle -- nice job putting it together. I got into one small fire pit with a button back. Saw ash and dug it out about 3' by 3' deep and nothing else then the ash ran out. I will get my hunt pics posted up today. Been working on cleaning a toasted coin, but getting absolutely no detail. Think its a fatty IH by size

Thanks!!! These fire pits are fun to dig, unfortunately some others produced more then others, but that OK, you just never know. I was hoping the bowl was going to be there but I couldn't find it. There was a flying Eagle found so you just never know. Can't wait for the next hunt!!!!

Back
Top Bottom