5 mercuries in 40 min.

NMsilver

Elite Member
I found these in an old packed dirt front yard a couple blocks from the university, along with 14 wheaties, 1920's - 1940's.
The far left one was on the surface, I saw it a couple steps after I ground balanced.
The other 4 were all within a 10' radius on the former path from the driveway to the front door.
The two shinier ones are both 1920.

This was a jaw dropping find for me because I've been detecting for only 3.5 months and have found 1 merc and 1 '59 quarter up until this day.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0400 (640x480) (500x375).jpg
    DSCN0400 (640x480) (500x375).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,148
I found these in an old packed dirt front yard a couple blocks from the university, along with 14 wheaties, 1920's - 1940's.
The far left one was on the surface, I saw it a couple steps after I ground balanced.
The other 4 were all within a 10' radius on the former path from the driveway to the front door.
The two shinier ones are both 1920.

This was a jaw dropping find for me because I've been detecting for only 3.5 months and have found 1 merc and 1 '59 quarter up until this day.:cool:

Nice!

Sounds like Bonesquat when he is hunting with me. At least you weren't using my coil!

Sweet finds, hunts like that are nice when they come along, congrats on the silver and wheats.

:saywhat:I have been detecting since 2006 and do not have 1 Mercury to show for it. You find 5 in less than an hour!
Good bye cruel world! :sadbye: Oh, by the way CONGRATS!

Did you stop detecting after 40 min...or were the coins found in the short time but you continued detecting? I wonder because I always find stuff in bunches and then nothing for hours haha. Either way, sweet finds!

Great job on the very cool accomplishment! You're doing great, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom