Nickle three cent piece 1875 IH & civil war relics

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
Got out with a couple of friends today for a little relic hunt. I found a nickel three cent piece, that is a first. The IH is a 1875. the button is a New York, I broke it trying to straighten it out. :mad: Thanks for looking & HH

Attachments

• HHFV 001.jpg
    HHFV 001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 663
  • HHFV 005.jpg
    HHFV 005.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 668
  • HHFV 006.jpg
    HHFV 006.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 544
  • HHFV 008.jpg
    HHFV 008.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 729
  • HHFV 013.jpg
    HHFV 013.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 640
  • HHFV 014.jpg
    HHFV 014.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 594
  • HHFV 016.jpg
    HHFV 016.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 647
Awesome stuff. Found my one and only Nickel 3 cent last fall. Not many of those are found because of the low numbers they give. PAys to dig it all doesn't it? ;)

Congrats on a sweet hunt.

I got a Three Cent Nickel back in January, had a heck of a time figuring out what it was, at first I thought another Trime, but it seemed too big and did not ring up as silver.

Excellent bullets and 3 cent coin.

You must have used your T2 because 100% of Minelab users would not dig that signal because the numbers are not conducive to a high silver count.

You must have used your T2 because 100% of Minelab users would not dig that signal because the numbers are not conducive to a high silver count.

You are absolutely right about using the T2. It likes to up average things if it's a good solid target. That's if it's in BP mode. It was kind of deep for it's size, about 4". I think the vdi was in the high 60's.

Maybe one of these days, I'll be at that point where I will attempt to straighten out buttons I find. Until then, I'd just leave 'em be.

Great finds!

Nice finds dude. I've found 5 or 6 NY buttons and all of them came apart except for one tiny cuff. Some came apart in the hole, and others while cleaning. The 3 piece construction is much more fragile than a two piece button. However, one I found last year came apart and I was able to read the backmark from the inside, otherwise I wouldn't have known it said "Goldsboro Rifles". Which was a Confederate unit made up of a few North Carolina regiments. They served mainly with the army of Northern Virginia, and surrendered with Lee at Appomattox. This backmark is a scarce, rare, and valuable misapplied Confederate back to a Union front. They have been found misapplied to NY and Mass. Militia buttons. My button is in 3 pieces, and a dealer here in VA offered me $100 on the spot for it. No way I'm selling it!

Keep on getting those goodies, you've got the "golden horseshoe" my friend!
-Mike

Yes those three piece buttons aren't fairing to well. I found a Federal staff officers button last year & it came apart in my hands. Most of the pieces are there so I glued it back together with crazy glue.

Oh really? I would not say 100% of minelab users would ot dig that signal.....when I am in a field I dig everything above iron

Oh really? I would not say 100% of minelab users would ot dig that signal.....when I am in a field I dig everything above iron

I agree with Goes.......at an old site I do the same (dig everything above iron) otherwise I would have missed my two silver trimme's.

Back
Top Bottom