Civil war finds?

Teendigger

Well afterr hunting around this humongous park, I found a couple of things! At first I was only finding garbage and then I moved to an area with a bunch of trees and many i was getting TONS of hits. I was not able to dig them all though but I will go back tomorrow hopefully and dig some more. A nice old lady also came up to me and told me Cornwallis either led his troops through there or fought a battle there. What I found is a belt buckle, a head of a hammer, MAYBE a bayonet (I need someones help i am not completely sure), a chain ( lots of chains actually. I threw most of them out though) and steak (big one!) oh and those two things i have no idea what they are. Like the curved things? found them about a foot apart from each other under the same tree. Any help on cleaning these things off? :?:
3532phz.jpg

2afzs74.jpg

Oh omg sorry for the giant pictures and thanks in advance!

Thanks for sharing! I've found those curved iron pieces before on farms, some kind of plow/tractor part. As for the others, I'm not sure. But I can tell you that long iron shaft is definitely not a bayonet. It looks more like a transmission/shift rod assembly from a vehicle. Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

Thanks for sharing! I've found those curved iron pieces before on farms, some kind of plow/tractor part. As for the others, I'm not sure. But I can tell you that long iron shaft is definitely not a bayonet. It looks more like a transmission/shift rod assembly from a vehicle. Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

Yeah i just realized that and i feel like a fool! Haha (about the shaft). I live in central jersey

Don't feel foolish. We have all seen what we wanted it to be more times than we would like to admit.:laughing:

Haha thanks! it was weird all this stuff was about 3-4 inches and the point thing I didnt even need a detector! It was sticking out of the ground a little and I tripped over it! haha does anyone know how old some of these things could be?

Keep on looking. BTW Cornwallis would have been Revolutionary war in case you didnt know, so potentially there may be a chance for some even older goodies!

Keep on looking. BTW Cornwallis would have been Revolutionary war in case you didnt know, so potentially there may be a chance for some even older goodies!

Oh omg! Yeah I don't like history that much! Haha Yeah that makes more sense. I really must get back there soon.

Back
Top Bottom