What A Hunt! Silver 25 & 26 FTY and 3 Silver Rings.

Mud, you are quite the catch, but I'm afraid it will take more than your prose and a Walker Half to flip that one.

:lol::laughing::lol: this is why I love this forum :D it only takes one post to turn a frown upside down, not to mention all that silver! Nice job man! I'm looking out the window at 20"+ right now, will probably be a few more weeks til we see the ground again. Ive found a few of those small baby rings. It is definitely interesting that infants wore jewelry back then, especially when most didn't have much money...congrats!

Great hunt Stiffwrist. I don't seem to find that kind of haul on the curbstrips in the valley. But I have found several of the baby rings, even baby CTR's in the past couple of years. I don't remember Baptism rings, but I've found one 18K Confirmation ring. I remember the girls getting Confirmation rings when I was an altar boy in the 50's. Hit up the neighborhood over by the Glory to God church on Harrison blvd. You never can tell?

Attachments

• aug 18-16-3.jpg
    aug 18-16-3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 45
Great hunt Stiffwrist. I don't seem to find that kind of haul on the curbstrips in the valley. But I have found several of the baby rings, even baby CTR's in the past couple of years. I don't remember Baptism rings, but I've found one 18K Confirmation ring. I remember the girls getting Confirmation rings when I was an altar boy in the 50's. Hit up the neighborhood over by the Glory to God church on Harrison blvd. You never can tell?

Awesome hunt - please leave some for the rest of us! :lol:

Thanks guys! I was actually in the Avenues up by the Capitol building. There are some wonderful old curb strips in those narrow streets. I have been meaning to get up to Ogden more.

Yes, they do make baby rings - my son (now 34 years old) received one on the occasion of his birth from a jeweler who was a client of mine. Had his initials engraved on it. No, he never wore it, but I gave it to him to 'pass along' when his first kid is born - got to have the same initials, tho!

Back
Top Bottom