Wwii relics!!!!!!!!

Relichunter3

Elite Member
Found an WWII pistol round, a rifle rear iron sight, and a rifle trigger system. The projectile portion of this bullet was found first, then I found a cartridge about 10 ft away next to a tree. I dont know if its a match or not. But still stoked to find my first WWII relics!

548951_10151409926407684_1981689234_n.jpg

Most have two letters and two numbers. The letters are where it was made. The numbers are when it was made. So lets say it has an L on one side and a C on the other and a 43 on the bottom. That means it was made at Lake City Armory in 1943 which was for sure WW2.

Ohh and by the way. An army Colt 45 Model 1911 or a Thompson submachine gun could have shot that round also.

Last edited:
Im not too educated when it comes to shell casings. I definately need to learn though. The projectile is pretty heavy for any 45 ive ever held or fired personally, even the casing is heavy brass i believe?? I found this on a military base........in a housing development......under rots of an old tree.....who knows how old it really is.

I got it cleaned off. All I can see is R A which I know is remington arms. Went back out to the same site last night and found a rifle casing with the same R A on it but the numbers arent readable. the top portion of the casing has a target looking thing on it....like crosshairs of a scope stamped into it. Also dug out a copper waterhose nozle and a few other older relics.

Check the bottom of the shell cartridge to see if it was fired or not. I've found 30-06 rounds from 1918 that were not fired and the powder was still in them. The projectiles still fit loosely in the cracked shell casings.

Back
Top Bottom