• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

J. W. Fisher Pulse X8

whisman

Does anyone have any thoughts on the J. W. Fisher Pulse X8. I have been thinking about getting one but have no experience, and know nobody with the pulse type of detectors. Are they really better?

What are you wanting it for?

The JWF pulses are great machines, but VERY expensive. They are also built for deep, underwater diving. If you are surf hunting, you can get a great machine much cheaper.

I am plan on using it in some of the lakes here in Montana, around boat docks and swimming areas (diving). Also around some of the old gold mines, old army forts and ghost towns. I have only borrowed friends detectors before, and want a detector of my own that I won't want or need to upgrade in a long time. I am alos going to be retiring in a couple of years and plan on geting to do some diving/detecting time around Florida.

The problem with the pulse is that it is a PI unit. There is no discrimination, so it will repsond to every nail, screw and bobby-pin.

A VLF unit is much better suited for freshwater hunting. Not that the pulse unit wouldn't work there, but you will have to put up with a lot more iron trash.

Back
Top Bottom