Equinox Pre order

I broke down and placed a preorder yesterday. I went thru this a couple years ago with a kayak that was in high demand. I placed a preorder with my local old town dealer. The largest dealer in the country got them first. They had them for sale to the public before the small local shops got their preorders. Based on that experience I went with Kellyco on the detector.

Some of you quote prices like my wife does. The nox is actually $899, not $800. If you quote ETracs at $1500 and CTXs at $2500 then the nox is a $900 detector. Small picky point, I know, don't jump all over me. Nothing wrong with accuracy. :police:

$649 for The Equinox 600 & $899 for Equinox 800 are MAP price. MAP prices are the lowest prices that can be on the net. Sometimes an even lower price can be had in an e-mail or phone quote. But maybe the insane interest will mean few will have stock and those that do could charge over MAP price.

Last edited:
Seems the Equinox/Minelab folks do not want everybody to have the newest detectors?? Why is that I wonder? I see the pawn shops having lots of used units of every description coming in, apparently Lots of Detector folks WAITING for a Long time to get the Equinox, CTX30-30's are everywhere same with DEUS on the pawn shop shelves. I'll wait I guess and wonder about Minelab and the way they do business puzzles me.

Maybe Minelab should change the name of the Equinox to "LONG-FELLOW" as it WILL be a very Long time before a Fellow can Have one.

Seems the Equinox/Minelab folks do not want everybody to have the newest detectors?? Why is that I wonder? I see the pawn shops having lots of used units of every description coming in, apparently Lots of Detector folks WAITING for a Long time to get the Equinox, CTX30-30's are everywhere same with DEUS on the pawn shop shelves. I'll wait I guess and wonder about Minelab and the way they do business puzzles me.

I do not know where you are? But here in upstate NY. The pawn shops do not have a great amount of detectors at all. As a matter of fact I check out the pawn shops quit frequently and have not found any good metal detectors at all. Sure you may find a Radio Shack detector. But I have never seen a CTX or a DEUS.

Hi Buda, my friend who runs a small string of pawn shops here in central Oregon has two CTX-3030's , a DEUS and a couple others,, ALL intakes from the pawn shop, maybe I should help you guys find some deals??

Hi Buda, my friend who runs a small string of pawn shops here in central Oregon has two CTX-3030's , a DEUS and a couple others,, ALL intakes from the pawn shop, maybe I should help you guys find some deals??

I look through pawn shops regularly. I have never found anything that I couldnt buy off ebay cheaper.

Ah to live in a city. Here in dodge we have 1 pawn shop and in all the years I've seen a couple $20 machines and one DFX which I snatched up for $200.

Back
Top Bottom