Wet ground Hunting with ACE 250?

Ummm, thinking the moderator might consider nixing that post, all the open space was making my ears pop.... :shock:

Did another test tonight, found that a new paver pad/deck we built way back in behind our house was raised so pretty much void of metal. So laid down some metal object and covered them with a piece of plywood. Tried my stock coil and watched how it reacted. Then put the DD on an repeated the test and other than the fact I had to drop the sensitivity down 2 or 3 notches, it acted the same. Odd thing was this was some debris I'd found a while back and everything jived out except one old penny kept pinging as silver and not copper. That was very odd and checked it dozens of times with both coils. Not sure if there's a good explanation for that, but looking at this it may be that my problem has been putting the sensitivity up too high with the DD and it was picking such minor signals that it looked flaky. Rookie mistake maybe, and I'm not too proud to not consider that. But why would the old penny register as silver???

Back
Top Bottom