Deteknix Full Size Detector!

I've been looking at the pics of this awesomely intriguing new design, reading the responses (a few of which addressed the angle of the screen,) and it occurred to me that the display, sitting on top of the grip as it is, could benefit from a redesign of a tilting head, and possible a multipositional, yet locking, swivel head.
This would aid in the viewing of the display from multiple angles without adding too much strain on the coil wire.....I hope. Neat idea....I'd like to try one myself. :)

Very cool looking! It claims to be a do all detector,if it works at all. I hope it does and all for $200.00!(I hope) :yes:

Very cool looking! It claims to be a do all detector,if it works at all. I hope it does and all for $200.00!(I hope) :yes:

I wouldn't hold my breath, if it is waterproof to 10 ft like I've heard AND has wireless headphones... I'd be happy if it came in under $400.00.

I wouldn't hold my breath, if it is waterproof to 10 ft like I've heard AND has wireless headphones... I'd be happy if it came in under $400.00.

If it works in saltwater with decent depth and doesn't snap/break I would love to buy one for $300 to $400.00! I am holding my breathe till reviews come in.

Last edited:
Although I'm iffy about any chinese designed metal detector, I hope it is a good one. The big metal detector companies need some offshore competition to push the prices down. They are just getting crazy with their prices nowadays. No metal detector should cost over $1,000, imo. Hopefully they introduce a multi-frequency model.

Made in China, doesn't really mean it was designed by the Chinese. Got a hunch that a good portion of the junk products we love to bash the people of China over, were design right here in the USA, produced cheaply over seas. The stuff is cheap, most people don't have the patience or expectations, for dealing with the manufacturer's customer service, or willing to pay the shipping. All that sales cash, no responsibility or accountability. The chinese will also "dumpster-dive", where if a product run is reject or refused, they'll re-brand it, and sell it anyway. Hate to see stuff go to waste, it's like free money. It's like anywhere else in the world, if the price is too good to be true...

The truth about detecting, which most tend to ignore, is that location is far more important, than the machine. Doesn't matter how much you spend on you equipment, it won't find, what was never there, or buried way too deep. Just because a place has a long history, and logically should produce lots of good stuff, doesn't mean a more expensive machine is going do any better. Another truth is trash, people drop a lot of trash, intentionally drop trash. The more people, that have been at a location, since the beginning of written history, means a whole lot of trash. Digging through trash, is just part of the hobby. Some of that trash, is still going to sound good, look good on the screen.

Anyway, we all learn, better tools, usually mean less work, better results. Better tools, always cost a lot of money. Nobody really wants to dig through trash, or walk away from a historic place. We want the treasure, with minimal effort, and will continue to pay, what ever the tool makers ask, for the latest, greatest, labor saving tools.

I think most people don't realize, that from their starting out with an affordable, entry level machine, and working their way up to the top shelf, they gained experience, and continue to learn with each machine. The experience carries over to the next best machine. You expect you new machine to produce better stuff, but it's really more of the individual refocusing their previous experience.

I've seens some very amazing wood work done with very simple, basic tools. I've seen a lot of sloppy, crappy work done with the best power equipment money can buy...

Made in China, doesn't really mean it was designed by the Chinese. Got a hunch that a good portion of the junk products we love to bash the people of China over, were design right here in the USA, produced cheaply over seas. The stuff is cheap, most people don't have the patience or expectations, for dealing with the manufacturer's customer service, or willing to pay the shipping. All that sales cash, no responsibility or accountability. The chinese will also "dumpster-dive", where if a product run is reject or refused, they'll re-brand it, and sell it anyway. Hate to see stuff go to waste, it's like free money. It's like anywhere else in the world, if the price is too good to be true...

The truth about detecting, which most tend to ignore, is that location is far more important, than the machine. Doesn't matter how much you spend on you equipment, it won't find, what was never there, or buried way too deep. Just because a place has a long history, and logically should produce lots of good stuff, doesn't mean a more expensive machine is going do any better. Another truth is trash, people drop a lot of trash, intentionally drop trash. The more people, that have been at a location, since the beginning of written history, means a whole lot of trash. Digging through trash, is just part of the hobby. Some of that trash, is still going to sound good, look good on the screen.

Anyway, we all learn, better tools, usually mean less work, better results. Better tools, always cost a lot of money. Nobody really wants to dig through trash, or walk away from a historic place. We want the treasure, with minimal effort, and will continue to pay, what ever the tool makers ask, for the latest, greatest, labor saving tools.

I think most people don't realize, that from their starting out with an affordable, entry level machine, and working their way up to the top shelf, they gained experience, and continue to learn with each machine. The experience carries over to the next best machine. You expect you new machine to produce better stuff, but it's really more of the individual refocusing their previous experience.

I've seens some very amazing wood work done with very simple, basic tools. I've seen a lot of sloppy, crappy work done with the best power equipment money can buy...

Well said.:yes:

I do have access to the full line of products now. Again, I'll personally run a few before offering up to the masses. Right now going to test their digger and wireless headphones.

Looks like the unnamed detector will be revealed at the coming DEMA SHOW on NOV 4th.

If anyone goes to , or knows someone who does go to the DEMA show please post the info on this detector after the show! im incredibly curious about how this detector is! for a chinese company they did good on their 1st intro into the pinpointer market..so my hopes are little higher with deteknix as apposed to other chinese makers!
it would be nice if it was a multi frequency detector!

If anyone goes to , or knows someone who does go to the DEMA show please post the info on this detector after the show! im incredibly curious about how this detector is! for a chinese company they did good on their 1st intro into the pinpointer market..so my hopes are little higher with deteknix as apposed to other chinese makers!
it would be nice if it was a multi frequency detector!

plus 1:yes:

Well a few more little tidbits of info. Seems there are actually two new detectors. One of them is called a Quest. Dunno about the other one. But still no details on price, specifications etc... Even on the second day of the show. Honestly not the best marketing job.

Some small photos with little details can be seen at Deteknik's Facebook page.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 240
The screen angle looks a little shallow, but looks interesting still. I still think a pivoting head would benefit users to find the best angle for them in rgards to glare and sight.

The screen angle looks a little shallow, but looks interesting still. I still think a pivoting head would benefit users to find the best angle for them in rgards to glare and sight.

id do something with that coil wire near the control box...goin in the woods where ive been huntin lately..i can see that gettin caught up brush bustin!...im sure u could rap it a little different to minimize that branch catcher of a coil wire

Back
Top Bottom