Some kind of MONSTER

18kRonin

Forum Supporter
Was listening to some Metallica to get me pumped up a bit before starting a DF hunt to thin out some iron in a very trashy beach. The last song was "some kind of monster" and thought to myself I'd like to find some kind of monster in all that iron. Maybe snag a big gold chain or something, you never know.

And round an hour and a half in did find "some kind of monster" after cleaning out some iron and a couple of coins to get down to an oversized target at the bottom of a 3 foot hole :shock: couldn't believe what I was seeing in the scoop a honker of all honkers. Picked it out of the scoop and man the sucker was HEAVY!!! wore it under my glove for the rest of the hunt, just didn't want to let it out of my sight :lol:

Managed to keep my composure for the next 3 and a half hours before heading back to the car for a bit a privacy and have a good look at this monster. It had two more shocks in store for me. The first was it wasn't 18K which I was sure it was. I was 24K!!!!!! The next BIG shock was when I put it on the small scales I keep in the car 75.6g!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Now that's what I call a RING :lol:

Thanks for viewing.
HH&GL

Will post some better pics when my nerves settle down a bit, might be awhile :lol:

Updated pics

With an average size 3g ring

Last edited:
Hey 18k,
Looks like the monster was still wearing it in the 5th picture:laughing:
Lucky it didn't drag you under with that anchor of a ring....
Good on ya mate!

Wow! That is an amazing chunk o pure gold. Congrats on that monster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whomever lost that is probably upset... that is a heck of a payday... that sucker would be in the mail tomorrow getting melted so I could enjoy the money :lol:

Only on Treasure Island! Big congrats! I don't know if I could handle hunting with that stuffed in my glove for several hours,I think I would be too rattled.
Awesome find 18k Your finds are inspiring!

Did you purposely hide the top of that ring? :) That thing is amazing! Congrats!

I was starting to wonder where you went with no posts for some time but wow that ring is the prize winner,Nice going! That will pay for a detector and then some.:gettinmoney::bling:

That rings sick. I'm surprised you didn't break your scoop trying to dig it. Hhgl-Joe

Was listening to some Metallica to get me pumped up a bit before starting a DF hunt to thin out some iron in a very trashy beach. The last song was "some kind of monster" and thought to myself I'd like to find some kind of monster in all that iron. Maybe snag a big gold chain or something, you never know.

http://youtu.be/lyodOpUxgHA

And round an hour and a half in did find "some kind of monster" after cleaning out some iron and a couple of coins to get down to an oversized target at the bottom of a 3 foot hole :shock: couldn't believe what I was seeing in the scoop a honker of all honkers. Picked it out of the scoop and man the sucker was HEAVY!!! wore it under my glove for the rest of the hunt, just didn't want to let it out of my sight :lol:

Managed to keep my composure for the next 3 and a half hours before heading back to the car for a bit a privacy and have a good look at this monster. It had two more shocks in store for me. The first was it wasn't 18K which I was sure it was. I was 24K!!!!!! The next BIG shock was when I put it on the small scales I keep in the car 75.6g!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Now that's what I call a RING :lol:

Thanks for viewing.
HH&GL

Will post some better pics when my nerves settle down a bit, might be awhile :lol:

a fantastic ring

I have a friend who find an antique ring 82 gr 19k
and a medieval ring 76 gr (gold coin of the Ottoman Empire welded)
both in France

but I do not think modern rings would reach this weight
its leaves us, hope :grin:

North of $2700 at today's price ------ Were you digging another target and this was in the hole too? At any rate, GREAT PICK !!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom