garrett propointer AT

Dflan83

Elite Member
Wow I am amazed at the depth this thing gets compared to the orig. propointer! I think I would be able to take this thing to use to pinpoint some targets before digging haha

Wow I am amazed at the depth this thing gets compared to the orig. propointer! I think I would be able to take this thing to use to pinpoint some targets before digging haha

I pinpoint targets with my propointer before digging 95% of the time...whatchu talkin bout willis?

I never really could do that with my other propointer as i dont think it was quite sensitive enough, but this propointer at had me completely floored at the depth it gets.

I never really could do that with my other propointer as i dont think it was quite sensitive enough, but this propointer at had me completely floored at the depth it gets.

Glad ya like it! :cool: I always pinpoint before diggin to narrow the area even smaller

Just as much as the TRX, if not more, Earl

No. Absolutely nobody has posted an airtest video showing any performance from the AT pinpointer getting even 2.5 inches, ON COIN SIZED SAMPLES.

Let's be real. My dear ol' mother from Missouri always said, "Show me."

Does sliding the washer or coin to supertune the regular old pro pointer give it the same sensitivity?

Very close to the same depth with the old PP super tuned but not quite as deep.

Here is a second video for those who may think I was "super tuning" the PP AT.

Last edited:
Impressive. I want to ask for a variation to the environment where you are testing though. Can that testing be repeated away from the computer desk and keyboard, say on top of a cardboard box so there is lots of metallic isolation.

Another Tector posted a video showing even better distance but there was lots of big metals nearby, and I seem to remember he lost stellar results when getting away from spots which bleed in metalic influence, i.e. supertune in itself.

Those computer desks are riddled with metals. Laying the pointer flat right on it might skew the results.

I still look forward to other examples from anybody. Even though I own 6 different pointers, I will get one of these if I can see repeated 3 inch air tests.

You're lucky I'm waiting on the ground to dry and have some time to waste LOL.

Here is the same results outside away from all metal. Same results.

You're lucky I'm waiting on the ground to dry and have some time to waste LOL.

Here is the same results outside away from all metal. Same results.

Nope, doesn't count. I HEARD that train going by in the background. All that metal had to be super tuning your AT. :laughing:

All kidding aside, I got one of the first ones delivered and I don't think mine will get that kind of distance. I hunted with Martin yesterday so he has seen mine in operation a couple of times. However, when I did my original tests, I had the battery supplied by the factory and it didn't last too long out in the field and I haven't tested since I put in a new battery. If I can't get your results, I'm going to be calling Garrett because every bit of depth helps in trying to decide where to dig through this dry clay(aka virtual concrete). Thanks for the videos.

Papa

I know stupid question but are you sure you're in the right mode?

Turn it on and after it's ready press and hold the button for 3 seconds. The PP should beep and the light start flashing. Press the button again and it should beep 3 quick beeps to indicate mode 3 sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom