Good Beach Day & Silver!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
My son had a Boy Scout event at a state park that has a beach.  I took the detector with me and put on the 10" coil that I got 2 weeks ago.  I had used it recently at the last couple of tot lots that I had done and wasn't too happy with it and had gone back to the standard coil.  It was a totally different story at the beach!  I loved the bigger coil on the beach.  I tried starting off on the wet sand, but I wasn't too happy there  :( so I headed for the dry stuff where I did very well! :yes: In the 3 hours that I was there I found $5.97 in clad and a man's .925 silver  band that fits me! :grin:    When I first got there there were 2 guys working the water.  When they left, one of them stopped by to say "hi" he had an Excal and had not had a good day. :(  I had just recently found the ring and was more than happy to show it to him! ;)  I think I'll be heading to the beach more often with the 10" coil! :yes:

Attachments

• 10-28-06.web.JPG
    10-28-06.web.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 10-28-06 Ring.web.JPG
    10-28-06 Ring.web.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 160
Nice ring Felix

I know you want to share with others but don't show other detectorists or anyone for that matter what you find, I never do.. I just say a lot of pulltabs and some change... that way you have the possibility of finding more stuff. Show us only ;)

nice finds,I only use a 10" at the beach. save the 8" for the parks, not much trash at the beach. last weekend I was doing the water an spent 3 hours an found nothing but iron, so I got out change detectors an did the sand an in about 2 1/2 hour got 6.60 in change an an a junk ear ring, seems you have to bounce around alittle to find the good spot for the day.

Back
Top Bottom