First finds for the BH-ID

hoser

Forum Supporter
Nothing to rave about, but did find a little gold and silver. Man was that water cold. Even through the dry suit I could only stay in it for about an hour. A friend of mine is the harbor master near this beach, and he told me that he has seen a lot of people hunting the dry sand, but I'm the first one he has seen in the water there. Looks like next year(when it warms up) i'll be spending a lot of time there. Lot of area to cover. Sorry for such a poor pic, don't know what happened. The Black Hills ring on the left is the one I found a week and a half ago on land.

Attachments

• TC finds 001.jpg
    TC finds 001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 187
Get yourself some waders Bill.. I was in water in the low 30's last year and never felt it...

I like the chain and rings :) Didn't you get a couple chains last month with the BH?

This is a closeup of the silver ring. It was really black when I found it, and it took a while soaking to clean up. Cheap ring, but still silver ;).

Attachments

• TC finds 003.jpg
    TC finds 003.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 181
Yup sure did. But I forgot to put the word REAL in the topic line. :lol: Those chains were REAL junk. At least this one has some value to it. :roll: :lol:

Yeah I know, waders are going to be a must next year for me. I have a pair of neoprene gloves i use for kayaking, and they really work well. Hands never got cold. I'm gonna get a pair of waders that are smooth rubber outside so my dry top will seal well to them. Thanks for the info Craig.

Good going! Silver, no matter what it looks like, is still better than no silver at all! :yes:

Nice stuff Hoser! Silver AND Gold. Too bad about the cold. I use a wet suit up here in the NW. I know the cold shot at first real well. But after that you have a warm layer of 98.6 water to keep you nice and warm. And if you stumble and fall all is still good. Looks like you are on to more great finds at this spot. HH

Back
Top Bottom