The last tool belt you will need

Majuba Man

Yes, another tool-belt setup, this one designed and made from nearly indestructible components. I used schedule 40 1-1/2” PVC electrical conduit (because it is gray, not white) for the smaller tools and schedule 40 2” PVC electrical conduit for the Apex and Estwing picks. You can use the 1 1/2” for the picks too but they are a little difficult to remove and replace easily, especially if wearing heavy clothing or a coat.

Material cost is very low in that each piece costs only $.90 if the conduit if purchased in a 10' length. Some places sell it in longer or shorter lengths, this is just excess material that I already had.
The piece for the digging tool is about 12 1/2” long, same length as the overall length of the whites digging tool, the others are 6” long and the pick holder is only 4” long.

For the pin pointer, pruning tool and ground cloth holder the cut is made at 3” for the belt loop. Then about half is removed and the slots cut in. I used a jig saw and a band saw, I suppose a dremel tool would work but maybe not the best because it would melt the pvc and make a sticky mess. The pick holders are 4” long and the belt loops just cut into the center of the piece. Slots for the belt are 3/8” wide and about 2 1/2” long.

After the piece is cut out and slots for the belt have been cut you custom make each for the tool it will be used for. I used a paint stripper for the heat source and a bench vice to make the final fit. The PVC doesn't have to get real warm or you will have a problem. The holder for the digging tool was placed in the vice (but not where the belt slots are) and the heat applied, after about a minute or so tighten the vice while checking the fit of the digging tool. When the digging tool slides easily into the holder tighten a bit more and let cool before removing from the vice, repeat if necessary. This is just a guide line, some of your tool holders may not have to be heated at all or maybe just a little.

The belt should be of the heaviest nylon you can find so it won't roll up, 2” with quick release buckle probably about $6-7 at Home Depot or similar. The finds bag well that's up to you, I have several and still don't have the ultimate bag. These tool holders are very durable, hold your pin pointer etc very well and are quiet and easy to walk with when wearing. Just a winter project while waiting for the snow to melt.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,206
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,188
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,198
Just a couple more pictures to go with the last thread.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,207
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Nice work on the belt. May have to try that but I'm going to blame you when the wife starts complaining that our sink is leaking all over the kitchen floor. :lol:

"I see you wear a leather supenders, I have a belly and need something like that, what and where can the be found?"

Nacona brand suspenders, they seem to run a little small, mine are extra large. Very comfortable and durable, these are almost two years old. eEbay has them, look around a little, they are from $35-$50.

Back
Top Bottom