CTX 3030 6" Coil on an Equinox Metal detector

sullivan2002

Hi to all,

a Coil is a TX anx RX antenna used by the circuits of a metal detector

So need to know if a CTX 3030 Coil for example a 6" Coil could be used to an Equinox metal detector, ok frequencies are not all the same maybe.

How about the connector of the two metal detectors?

Thanks for an answer.

Apples and oranges. Proprietary designs for specific device. Like trying to put Ford rims on a Chevy, doesn’t fit or work.

Are you sure?

if the pin connector are the same and the frequencies are aprox. the same range could be work.

These coils are for multi frequency for CTX and Equinox they are like antennas

the problem could be the connector, but if the pinout is the same maybe could work

Are you sure?

if the pin connector are the same and the frequencies are aprox. the same range could be work.

These coils are for multi frequency for CTX and Equinox they are like antennas

the problem could be the connector, but if the pinout is the same maybe could work

The pin connector might be the same but pinout might be different. Think of 6 round connectors on pick ups in the 80-90"s the aux power was different on each vehicle if it was connected.

Apples and oranges. Proprietary designs for specific device. Like trying to put Ford rims on a Chevy, doesn’t fit or work.

Oh Lord! You wouldn’t BELIEVE how many brands,vehicles,rims interchange! I put Buick Skylark rims on a Cub Cadet garden tractor for cripes sake!:lol:
We collectively know what you mean though...in this case it ain’t gonna fly.

I believe there is a small PC board in the Equinox coil, to make the size of the control head smaller.

CTX coils don't have the board I've been told.

Oh Lord! You wouldn’t BELIEVE how many brands,vehicles,rims interchange! I put Buick Skylark rims on a Cub Cadet garden tractor for cripes sake!:lol:

We collectively know what you mean though...in this case it ain’t gonna fly.

Now that’s funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m supprized someone is t making adaptors for them.

I know u can swap hummingbird and lowrance transducers infact it was pretty common a few years ago as the Hb transducer was better but the screen/software was better on the lowrance.

I can tell you for ABSOLUTELY SURE....the coils do NOT interchange! How do I know? I tried one. The connectors and pin arrangement is the same. However,when I plugged the EQ coil into the CTX and turned it on,it shut down in the middle of the startup tune. Like...turned the CTX OFF. These machines are SMART,and have built in protection against these kinds of things. The manufacturer knows that there might be a mixup of coils and such,so they are protected. They also want you to buy more coils! The short story is...no.
I hung it all out there to give the answer,so...you’re welcome!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom