ATTENTION Detector Manufacturers

OZARKS

Forum Supporter
Attention manufacturers... If you see this post...

I think it would be great if someone made a detector that "ring tones" or specific tones could be assigned to the various notches/ categories on a detector.

Imagine if I could take a quarter, wave it over the coil, and then assign a specific sound to that target notch!

Same with everything else... Take a target item, wave it over the coil, get a signal and assign my own ring tone/ sound to that specific target!

Then, when I'm out n about detecting, if I choose to avoid other ring tones/ target tones, I can.:D

Good idea. Here's one I've thought of. How about being able to discriminate targets that are less than a certain depth. Most of the parks I detect, once I'm familiar with them, I will only dig targets 6" deep or deeper. That's the feature I want.

They already have those. Different neat sounds for different items. Saw a video on youtube where a guy made one for different coins, etc.

Now if only someone can mass produce that in a better package

My old Tek 9000 has more tones than any modern detector. It about drove me crazy when I first got it and suddenly one day it all made sense. I think that it's the best tone ID ever made.

How about phrases from the digger show? When you find a coin, you detector can scream, ROUNDNESS, ROUNDNESS, ROUNDNESS. When you find a relic, it can scream JUICE, JUICE, JUICE or NECTAR, NECTAR, NECTAR. When you find a silver dollar, it can scream BOOOOOOOOOOM BABY. :thumbsup: :saywhat:

Or....... Tell you the equipment you will need to retrieve the relic.
Beep.... You need a jack hammer
Beep.... You need a backhoe
Beep.... You need explosive's
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing::laughing:

The CTX has assignable tones. For instance, a quarter typically rings up at 12-44. You can set a specific tone for that. I set mine to be very high pitched from 11-43 (dime) and above.

You can also set nickel signals 12-12 to ring high pitched like clad/silver (or any VDI number of an object you wave under the coil).

Or....... Tell you the equipment you will need to retrieve the relic.
Beep.... You need a jack hammer
Beep.... You need a backhoe
Beep.... You need explosive's
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing::laughing:

Sounds like you are describing American Diggers! :lol:

G2M

I'd set mine with various cartoon sounds.

For iron it would say, in Hardy-Har-Har's voice "Ohhh dearrrrr.... Ohhhhh myyyyy!"
For zinc pennies, Donald Duck losing his temper.
For unknown signals, Marvin the Martian "It didn't go Ka-boom! Where's the Ka-Boom?"
For nickels Daffy Duck's "Thanks for the sour persimmons, Mac!"
For silver, Tweety "I t'awt I taw a PUDDY TAT! I DID!"
For gold, Porky Pig "Ah gee- guh-guh-gee g-g-GOLD!"
or perhaps Yosemite Sam's "WHOA MULE!!"
For pulltabs, Fred Flintstone "Rabba-frabba grumble grumble mutter snarl"

I could think of a whole LINEUP of sounds!

Some catch phrases:
"Stimpy, you IDIOT!" -- Ren
"I trust you realize... THIS... means WAR!" -- Daffy
"CHAAAAARGE IT!" -- Wilma Flintstone
"YA-BA DABBA DOOOO!" Fred Flintstone
"JANE! Stop this crazy thing! JAAAAANE!" -- George Jetson
"Mister Ranger wouldn't like it." -- Boo-Boo

Of course, I'm the one who programmed my computer, years ago, with Jeannie's voice. When I entered a command my machine would say "Yes, Master!" and for failures "Ohhh, Master I am very SORRY!" LOL

SageGrouse

i wish the pinpointing feature on my machine only sounded when over metal that i'm not discriminating out. i've noticed a junk nail or whatnot a few inches away from a good target will make the pinpoint feature tell me the target is huge and i walk away. 'cause it still pinpoints all metal even though i am not searching for all metal.

Back
Top Bottom