machine learning for metal detecting

mattpla

There is not much out there for this but there were a few papers using wide band scanners.

They used K-Nearest Neighbors classifier to classify mine and non-mine objects using data collected from a wideband electromagnetic induction (WEMI) sensor.

The models would need to be specific to a given detector. Could be something inline with audio jack that would provide pass through so you can still hear the audio. Maybe a raspberry pi with readout display.

Just started learning both so figured why not try to combine them if your interested or have ideas would love to brainstorm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I Have Had Enough Brain Storm Today In The Holes :laughing:

But....Welcome From First Flight State :takeoff:

On the Ace 250 I used Audacity to look at the tones generated from a dime and quarter and they appear to be slightly different tones so it might be possible.

Last edited:
Not to knock the idea,but the situational variables in metal detecting may be too large and too often for Audacity to classify targets with any real usefulness. But anything is worth a try to gain the edge!
I used Audacity for some drum track stuff I was recording a few years back...it’s a very cool deal!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom