Hello from Georgia...and token newbie questions 😁

Dragonsfly44

Hello everybody,
I just got into MD with the hubby. Bought him a new Whites VX3 and we have been cleaning up our yard for practice. It's taking a bit to get used to, but I think we are getting to know the VX3 a bit better now, although it's a lot of machine.
I've found that it's a bit on the heavy side for me to swing comfortably, which is fine as it was his Christmas and birthday present (for the next several years...). So now I'm looking to get a lighter, starter machine for me to use.
I'm debating between three machines, all very different:
- New Tesoro Compadre
- New Whites TreasureMaster
- Used Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
I'm hoping for some advice on which would be best, NOT based on price. I'm going to be detecting in our yard, maybe some friends yards, a park, or very occasionally the (dry) beach near Charleston, SC....hoping to find pretty much anything, whether it's old coins, rings, or clad... and gold would be a sweet find.
I'm leaning very heavily towards the Lobo, but is a used Tesoro worth getting without the Warranty? I did read on their website if you are not the original owner it is $50 for a "tune-up"
Thanks in advance for your opinions

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

I'll leave specific comments to those who are familiar with those models, in the meantime you can search for video reviews on youtube on the different models to help you decide.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

If you like the new machine and getting used to its operation,, you could purchase a sling to ease the weight. They only cost about 15 bucks and you can swing all day! GL and Welcome to the forum!

Welcome from Winder GA. There are a ton of good lighter machines. Take your time and research research. GL&HH.

i have been very successful in buying used equipment that has been well cared for and lasts and works well. I have bought equipment that never was swung over ground for 30% of the cost of new.

I also buy only used cars. And many other things as well. That’s how I was able to retire at 59 with 2 homes and no debt.

Just saying.

Got one!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice! I decided to go for a used Lobo Supertraq. I was lucky enough to find and win one on eBay for only $332! It's said to be in good working order and appears to be well used with some scrapes on the coil, but overall looks pretty good. It comes with a pair of Calrad 15-135b headphones, vinyl carry bag and manual. Can't wait to get it and start hunting! :digginahole:

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 113
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 121
  • s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom