What happened to Nectar?

If I remember correctly, before it was deleted, he told a member or 2 to f~off and the moderators the equivalent to clowns in a clown car.

Just noticed that one of our regular posters got banned, I quite liked his posts...

If a member can't control his words then he will no longer be allowed to be a part of this forum. He had plenty of chances. We will not tolerate attacks on other members.

If I remember correctly, before it was deleted, he told a member or 2 to f~off and the moderators the equivalent to clowns in a clown car.

Anybody using the word 'Nectar' on any Metal Detecting site should not have been approved as a member in the first place!:laughing::laughing: The same parameters should also apply to anybody saying 'Civ' or 'Roundness' as well!...:laughing::laughing:

Guess the mods were the last ones to say “_”-off to him. Lol. It’s a rough job but keep up the good work mods.
I don’t understand why some people get so worked up. It’s a forum and everyone has the right to their opinions. If you can’t handle other people’s opinions then you shouldn’t be on the forum. Heck I think it’s childish for members to block other members. I look at like if you have to block another member you can’t handle reality or other peoples views. I know I’m blocked by a member on here or at least I was. We are all adults and should be able to play nice and except that there are a multitude of other opinions out there. But in a whole that’s what makes this forum awesome. The different info and views here is what it’s all about.

Anybody using the word 'Nectar' on any Metal Detecting site should not have been approved as a member in the first place!:laughing::laughing: The same parameters should also apply to anybody saying 'Civ' or 'Roundness' as well!...:laughing::laughing:

I agree 100 percent. Those guys cost me an opportunity to detect a one acre lot that according to the land owner was used by the Southern Gentlemen as a place to camp during the recent unpleasantness.

Guess the mods were the last ones to say “_”-off to him. Lol. It’s a rough job but keep up the good work mods.
I don’t understand why some people get so worked up. It’s a forum and everyone has the right to their opinions. If you can’t handle other people’s opinions then you shouldn’t be on the forum. Heck I think it’s childish for members to block other members. I look at like if you have to block another member you can’t handle reality or other peoples views. I know I’m blocked by a member on here or at least I was. We are all adults and should be able to play nice and except that there are a multitude of other opinions out there. But in a whole that’s what makes this forum awesome. The different info and views here is what it’s all about.

X2

Stay warm Coin Chaser.
Happy New Year

That is too bad, but understand the mods need to uphold the rules, he had some good posts in the past otherwise.

I do understand the mods have to keep things civilized though and I applaud them for having to do what they have to do at times to keep the "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" living up to the "Friendly" part of the name.

I realize everyone is entitled to their opinions and know that there will be times when people will have opposing opinions, but I have always tried to have the mindset of being a diplomatic peacemaker, and try to leave disagreements with the "let's politely agree to disagree" with no hard feelings.

My wife already laughs and makes fun of me when I say I'm going "dirt fishing"...I can't imagine the field day she'd have if I started trying to make myself look even "cooler" with various other forced slang terms :laughing:

I like keeping it civil also...but no doubt you may have seen the battles from the Nox cheerleaders for example...it is human nature if you step on some guys toe on purpose the same will likely be returned .

I admit do not always behave like a gentleman when cussed at on a hobby forum for no reason then someone does not like a post.

This forum seems to be the perfect place for me, people do not go overboard or off the deep end with politics , pretentious technology forums above our heads, brand loyalty or a few God like posters that seem to take over a few forums.

oj/b4me

Last edited:
When one is banned on here are they ever allowed back at some point in the future or is it permanent?

That would be at the mods discretion,no hard and fast rule I’d imagine...Something I try not to get hyped about is someone else’s experiences that differ from mine. There are many variables from site to site and one persons abilities and experience compared to others...a quick story....
On another forum a few years ago before I bought my Explorer2,I went around a couple or three times about why people were all about the Minelabs,I believe the topic had to do with the eTrac and CTX. I STAUNCHLY believed that my modded IDX could hang tough with FBS. It all stayed civil ,though very firmly footed in opposing views...I believe it was Khouse that eventually made me turn the corner. Thanks Kenny!:grin: Anyway,it was all for the better,no bad language was flung and I find myself VERY happy with the change. Listening to others ideas,especially when they have a history of good ideas,is a smart thing to do. That’s how we progress in ANYTHING,whether it be work,hobby or even the wife! She’s due for a good one soon...

When one is banned on here are they ever allowed back at some point in the future or is it permanent?

It depends on why the person was banned. If the offense was severe enough, there is a good chance that it will be permanent. On very rare occasions, we have allowed a person we banned, to reregister, under a new name. They thought they were fooling us, but we knew within minutes who they were. Based on their prior history of making good posts, we decided to let him be. It worked and the member was productive...for a while. Then he "blew up" again and he was banned one more –and final– time.

In any case, except for spammers –which get banned immediately, banning or unbanning a member is an action we take by consensus. No one moderator or administrator will unilaterally ban or reinstate a member. It's what we do.

For a hobby the threads do sometimes go south pretty fast on all forums little less on knitting forums , best to learn from our errors and move on.

I agree with the disagreements:lol: have fun will travel to detect.

For a hobby the threads do sometimes go south pretty fast on all forums little less on knitting forums , best to learn from our errors and move on.

I agree with the disagreements:lol: have fun will travel to detect.

Maybe that’s why one of our long lost forum members joined the knitting forum with his dog!:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
I had a short vacation a while back...
Maybe now I can change my name to Nectar Detector???

I would gladly change it if that is what you really want but, beware of unintended consequences. Since that name is banned, you would also by virtue of assuming the name. Is that what you want?

I also enjoyed Nectar's views, inputs, opinions, etc... Bummer that he used fowl language or whatever, to get banned.

Weird, I had to put the guy on my ignore list long ago, like the only one (nope there is one other, had to check) on the list, he was just often rude :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom