At pro and indian head pennies

Msdigger

So I've had the at pro for a little over a week now and have found plenty of wheat pennies and they ring up high 70s to low 80s so what does indian heads ring up as zinc pennies or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have an indian head penny I would go to your local coin shop and pick one up along with any other coins you don't have and do some air tests. You could also bury them in your yard to see what they sound like in the dirt.

Why would a copper indian head penny ring up like zinc? Indians are made of copper and ring up like a wheat.

My phone has been acting stupid and posting more than once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, ok gotcha. :lol:

just a bit more info that can alter the way (VDI) any given item shows up: the coins' orientation in the ground, the depth, the moisture content of the ground, the type of soil, proximity to other nearby metals. for an example, i've found large cents which have read as low as 72, others up around 82 and many in the 78-81 range.
in short, if it sounds good, dig it! ;)

Get a cereal box and cut a piece about the same size as the screen and then tape it to your AT Pro. Dig all repeatable targets.

I have dug six Indians with the AT Pro. None of which I could of said "hey I think it's gonna be an Indian". Mostly I probably just hoped it wasn't trash and gave enough of a high tone to warrant digging. If I was going by numbers I would of NEVER dug them. If you want to find some good stuff, especially the stuff missed by others, you have to learn to use your ears.

I cant explain it, but I have had indian head pennys ring up in the 65 range on my at pro..

Same here, Most the indians I have dug this season with my AT Pro have read between 65-67.
I have to say that my AT is an Indian magnet with over 2 dozen of them dug this season

Indian Head Penny

The one I air tested 73-75 air test don't rember the date
pre 1864 IH .880 copper .120 nickle 1864 up .950 copper .050 tin and zink
lincoln copper cents .950 copper .050 tin and zink.

The one Indian I found this year, my 1st, was an 1880 at 2 inches down and rang in at 74. I was surprised because I've read that they mostly come up in the 60's.

Just the fact that you know what it is I think is cool :cool: I still listen to it sometimes. It's just one of those albums that was from start to finish good and never really gets old.

Back
Top Bottom