Clad Clad Clad

modeltguy

About 8 hours of swinging so far this year and nothing but $5.36 in clad. Mostly in local parks but there are a couple of old home sites in one of the parks. So much trash! And cans are the worse--loud clear and high signal showing very shallow and then a stupid can 4-5 inches down. So far none have contained hand cleaner and gold coins. Gotta do like Melvin the Mole in the old Mad Magazine-dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig!

I know this has been said,but it’s true..location..Your better off finding a few plowed fields and finding older coins than any modern type place.Clad is part of the hobby,cans suck.i usually lift my coil when I get a good hit,if I can lift it 10 inches and still get a good hit then it’s definitely a can.

Or Monty Python! "Clad Clad Clad! Wonderful Clad!" :laughing: Hey...in the paystreak and travel zones..hitting clad, you are in the Lane!...

The plowed fields thing amazes me. Maybe up in the northeast where people have lived for 3-4 hundred years but it just seems unlikely that there would be any coins around here from long ago. I do have a permission for an open field where there was a home about a hundred years back. When the weather gets right I will give it a shot.

$5 bucks in clad is not a bad haul. I've had days when come home with nothing but a few rotted zincs and a pouch full of pulltabs if that. You're now $5 closer to paying off your machine. Also if you get the nice high tone lift your coil a few inches and see if it disappears, if you are still getting a beep a foot off the ground it's pretty much a can, hubcap, etc.

Thanks for the tips on the cans. One of the old home sites is under a cluster of oaks that are probably 200 years old and it is incredible how much trash there is under those trees. There are signals every couple of inches- so many that I just moved to another area out of frustration but I feel there is bound to be something good there--may try again.

People always went under shade trees even today . Also that's where old coins could be....

The plowed fields thing amazes me. Maybe up in the northeast where people have lived for 3-4 hundred years but it just seems unlikely that there would be any coins around here from long ago. I do have a permission for an open field where there was a home about a hundred years back. When the weather gets right I will give it a shot.

Look at it this way,a 100 year old home has the potential for 150 year old coins.i mean,I always check my change and always get clad from stores that’s from the 1970s..I would be on that spot without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom