New Year! New Silver Challenge: Who’s with me!

Darktower007

Forum Supporter
I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Years Celebration!

This year I’m gonna knock doors. I normally don’t knock doors but my spots are drying up and I want silver!

So the challenge is: Door-knocking!

I normally don’t knock doors but here goes.

Knock at least 10 doors (homes 1940’s or older) the first week, then one a week there after. Plan on getting rejected!! If you do thank them and keep going.

If you find something cool maybe donate a find to them, and dig neatly!

Why one a week after? This will get the permissions lined up when conditions permit.

I don’t know how to make sticky’s but even if it’s just me participating I’m hoping to post more silver as an indication I’ve been doing it!

So one advice is to look up CT TODD his door knocking permission guideline is awesome, I plan on doing it.

Who’s with me!

ac880bb8b33b6543e66e8c3f5c327da3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you link Todds permission getting method or tell us how to get to it? I’m interested to read it. Thanks!:grin:

Great post Darktower! I’m definitely going to give door knocking a try. I mean, I have before but I’ll pursue it harder this time, and I’ve already got business cards made. Thanks for sharing the link!

Well,reading Todd’s method,he’s right. You have nothing to lose,because you can’t anyway now. I think it’s more about getting a “spiel” down to a science,yet leaving leeway for modifying it on the fly. I’d think you’d want to state your intentions very quickly,and telling them you’re not selling anything is a humorous icebreaker. I have knocked 5-6 doors so far,and got 3-4. They didn’t turn out to be much but they weren’t primo places either. I just wanted to see what it was like.
As we know,private property is the last frontier in this hobby,so the better we get at it,the more opportunity we have, plain and simple.
As a side note,the people who said YES didn’t appear to care AT ALL. The 1-2 who said NO cared ALOT!:lol: Maybe it was an “off” day for me...

I’m in....never door knocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd's method is ok but his intro is way too long.
I get better than 4 yes's out of 5 and my intro is 30 seconds or less.
I also show up in my detecting outfit ready to go. Doesn't mean I look like a slob.

If I'm with a buddy, either he waits in the vehicle or comes to the knock, doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Just my 2c

More door knocks for sure. Good post and topic as well. I seem to have better luck approaching a prospective customer if they are already outside doing chores of some sort. I was already using CT Todds icebreaker, Hello, I'm not selling anything or collecting for anybody.People seem to be more at ease when outside. I usually try to do one or two drive-bys when people are most likely to be outside doing yardwork. Cold door-knocks I was one for two. And the no-I had him-he was receptive, and all of a sudden it went south, not sure what went wrong. One thing I did read here was to take a step or two back from the door after you knock. On the other hand, the outside approach netted me 7 or 8 permissions. Also speaking on this subject with my daughter, she said you might want tip you cap up a little, let people see your face. Some people may perceive it as intimidating with you cap pulled low to your brow. Having cards made up is a great idea, Gonna work on that. And definitely do more cold knocks this year. As I start 2018 I have two permission lined up but in need of a thaw to get started. Good luck to all. Mark

More door knocks for sure. Good post and topic as well. I seem to have better luck approaching a prospective customer if they are already outside doing chores of some sort. I was already using CT Todds icebreaker, Hello, I'm not selling anything or collecting for anybody.People seem to be more at ease when outside. I usually try to do one or two drive-bys when people are most likely to be outside doing yardwork. Cold door-knocks I was one for two. And the no-I had him-he was receptive, and all of a sudden it went south, not sure what went wrong. One thing I did read here was to take a step or two back from the door after you knock. On the other hand, the outside approach netted me 7 or 8 permissions. Also speaking on this subject with my daughter, she said you might want tip you cap up a little, let people see your face. Some people may perceive it as intimidating with you cap pulled low to your brow. Having cards made up is a great idea, Gonna work on that. And definitely do more cold knocks this year. As I start 2018 I have two permission lined up but in need of a thaw to get started. Good luck to all. Mark
Good advice. But why not just leave your cap off? And being clean shaven really helps.

Back
Top Bottom