Bottle digging with the kids - silver - Pictures added

yacorie

Elite Member
Was home in PA for turkey day and took the kids for a hike. We found a small dump that was filled with perfume bottles etc. Dug aroumd for a bit and found some unexpected items. A 1960s Rouge compact, a sterling change purse and a matchbook case. The change purse is ornate on both sides with initials on both sides. Some small ornate bottles and an older 7up were the best bottle finds. Some sterling spoons along with a horseshoe and what appears to be the top of a cast iron fence post but that's just a guess.

bottles 1 resized.jpg

bottles 2 resized.jpg

matchbook case resized.jpg

Rouge Compact Resized.jpg

Sterling change purse resized.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry. It's not letting me upload pictures. It says I'm missing a security token

I don't think there is any hint of orange on the bottle. The kids were cleaning them all and said the 7up "paint" was coming off if they used a toothbrush so I just told them to stop.

The bottom has the following markings, stacked top to bottom: 52, 00, something that looks like the letter S, and a symbol/stamp that looks like a capital 'G' inside a square. Not sure how well they will come out in the picture

7up resize 1.jpg

7up resize 2.jpg

7up resize bottom.jpg

I don't think there is any hint of orange on the bottle. The kids were cleaning them all and said the 7up "paint" was coming off if they used a toothbrush so I just told them to stop.

The bottom has the following markings, stacked top to bottom: 52, 00, something that looks like the letter S, and a symbol/stamp that looks like a capital 'G' inside a square. Not sure how well they will come out in the picture

View attachment 400588

View attachment 400589

View attachment 400590

Yeah, 1952. You can barely see where the orange paint has worn off behind the area with the 7-Up logo. I was curious because there were some 1930s variations that didn't have the orange panel.

What an interesting and memorable way to spend Thanksgiving day with your kids! Some people would go to Walmart that day IF the stores were open.

I love all those old finds and can't imagine someone throwing those bottles in the trash. Have to wonder what people will find interesting about our trash in 100 years.

What a great way to spend the day with your kids!! i think this may be on next years agenda for my family!!

View attachment 400588

View attachment 400589

View attachment 400590

found that same bottle a few months back

Attachments

• DSCN3470.jpg
    DSCN3470.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 444
Back
Top Bottom