Fresh plowed field.

Dan B.

Elite Member
I saw a place this weekend where the farmer was plowing the field. I know from old photos there used to be a house back there so I asked if I could metal detect and he said sure. I was able to find a reins guide a toe tap 1886 Indian head penny and a 1939 Mercury dime a clock gear and some rivets from horse tack. The nicest thing was the house was torn down in 1956 I did not pull out one single pull tab that was nice:grin:

Attachments

• IMG_20171023_092526.jpg
    IMG_20171023_092526.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_20171023_092502.jpg
    IMG_20171023_092502.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_20171023_092432.jpg
    IMG_20171023_092432.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 638
Forgot to mention the Small Tube next to the reins guide is a lipstick tube.

Nice Indian and Merc! The clock gear is pretty neat to...all good finds! I did my first field hunt over the weekend - I really struggled with all the bean stubble interrupting my swing. Ended up swinging above the stubble, but that meant losing an inch or two of depth. Hunting fields seems to be an art all it's own!

Nice clean looking coins too. Congrats!

Nice finds! A good plowing always brings up the good stuff..HH

Very nice finds...Congrats!!!

Love those old homesites, there's more stuff there, get back there pronto

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. Yes and to be in the right place at the right time when the farmer was doing a chisel plow which is very light plow not very deep no stubble did make it nice.

Nice Indian and Merc! The clock gear is pretty neat to...all good finds! I did my first field hunt over the weekend - I really struggled with all the bean stubble interrupting my swing. Ended up swinging above the stubble, but that meant losing an inch or two of depth. Hunting fields seems to be an art all it's own!

I try to have the stubble in rows left to right so as I swing I'm going between the stubble rows level with the ground not hitting much stubble. That seems to work for me and beans. With corn the roads are much wider so I actually just walked down the length of the row swinging my detector back and forth. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom