Best all round detector

woody

Ive been Gold detecting since 1980 and I have had at one time just about every Gold detector that was ever invented. I have the first model Sovereign than Minelab brought out many years ago and have mainly used this as a coin shooter at old town sites. I have been testing out some coils at the beach with an Eric Foster Gold Scan 5B detector and have had some very good finds over the last couple of weeks. Trouble is the amount of trash that I have been digging, I took the Sovereign out to the beach as well and this also gets banged by rusty bottle tops and shredded aluminium cans. If you crank up the discrimination then it loses coins.What is the best detector for discrimination and a good all round coin shooter.. maybe more of a leaning to beach detecting..Money no object. (within reason)

Thanks.
Woody

If you want to find gold rings then you're going to have to dig some trash... as in pulltabs and sometimes bottlecaps... its part of our fun right?  ;)

Discrimination is esentially the same on all detectors. Youturn it up you disc out more targets. Notch discrimination will help to remove pulltab type targets from a range in the disc scale but anything else there will be lost also. In metal detecting there is usually a trade off. One thing gained , another lost. Add discrimination ; lose some depth and certain good targets. I would suggest you look at a DFX or XLT or Minelab EX SE. This is where you can fine tune in the discriminator curcuit to suit yor needs. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom