hipmount or light weigh

wubbieboywubbie

hi all....I'm trying to get back into metal detecting after being away for 6 yrs. I have a bounty hunter landstar that I really like but am looking for a way to convert to a hipmount.I'm disabled with a lung disease and working my way back by metal detecting.I carry a oxygen tank but that with a metal detector I can only hunt for about an hr to hr half.are there kits that do this....Light weigh detectors that do not cost a large amount.(on fixed income started to but my change away}i'm working on my daugthers to go together and get dear old dad one or at least a little money.would like to hear any and all suggestions on light..well balanced..low cost machines......thanks George

The Landstar has a rather small display so you would need to chestmount it (well with my eyes you would).
You would just need to make a extension lead with male and female connectors and add straps to the control box cover.
Easy way out if finances allow is to get a Tesoro. All later models are superlightweight, even those with meters. Great discrimination and good to excellent depth.
Detecting is great exercise. Best of luck.
Brian

I agree with Brian. Tesoro's are the lightest detectors. However , Fisher detectors come with built in hip mount capability. Just slide the control box off and slip onto a belt using the slots on the box. Both brands are good performing detectors. Hipmounting your detector would require a bit more work. :yes:

I had a Tesoro DeLeon. SUPER lightweight. The Prizms are pretty light also.

Back
Top Bottom