Any Marble Aficionados Out There?

Marbles are awesome!
I have now found over 400 in 8 years of detecting.
I probably have about 50 clay ones too:D

Attachments

• 8-15-15 Marbles.jpg
    8-15-15 Marbles.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 79
Vacor de Mexico ? Maybe or not

As soon as I saw it, I thought “Vacor de Mexico”, which is probably the largest marble maker around. I bought a batch in an antique store in Canada about 20 years ago. They were very different looking than glass marbles I was familiar with. There were several styles and sizes in this batch and I liked them. All of them had pock marks and creases in the surface. I sent a few photos to a well known marble expert in Boston. His reply was “very likely Vacor de Mexico and not that collectible yet”. If you Google that company name, you’ll see a gallery of their marble styles. When I re-read your post from my home computer along with a larger image of your marble, my opinion may change. Anyway, it might be fun to check out that company’s web site. I’ll even edit this reply to add the link.
Jim

Update: Hmm... Looks like the Vacor de Mexico web site is no longer working. There are however, images of their marbles online at various marble collecting & other websites and Pinterest, etc. I just took a couple pictures of a grouping of most of mine, including several designs and sizes. I including a US cent in the photos for scale. After looking again at original poster's marble and some Vacor de Mexico marbles online and my own, I think maybe you do have something different.

Attachments

• IMG_E1124.jpg
    IMG_E1124.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom