Pre-Civil War Farm Hunt tomorrow!

CoinMe

Visiting VA and went and met with a friend from NY who rents a house on 100 acres here in VA... come to find out, he showed me some old family graves that had dates on em from 1830!!!! Said he didnt care where I went on the property tomorrow so I am hoping to find something sweet! ACE 350 DONT LET ME DOWN!!!! I'd love an old copper or a glimmer of silver in that dirt! HH all... hopefully I will have some awesome photos to show

Good luck! Although age isn't always an indicator of what's beneath the soil, I have a good feeling for your spot. Pics or it didn't happen, hahaha. Good luck.

Well that was interesting! Turns out there was lots and lots of trash... iron and junk galore!!! I did find some coins, but there were allllll modern! Turns out my buddy rents a house that was built in the 60's but the property is from the 1800s... and where the land owner lives is original to the property. I wasnt able to hunt that yard, which is probably were the goods are! I did find a cap gun, cattle tag, old lock to a door, and a bullet shell, along with other randoms. I'll post photos when I get back to NY. All I wanted was an old coin! BOOO! HH All

Well that was interesting! Turns out there was lots and lots of trash... iron and junk galore!!! I did find some coins, but there were allllll modern! Turns out my buddy rents a house that was built in the 60's but the property is from the 1800s... and where the land owner lives is original to the property. I wasnt able to hunt that yard, which is probably were the goods are! I did find a cap gun, cattle tag, old lock to a door, and a bullet shell, along with other randoms. I'll post photos when I get back to NY. All I wanted was an old coin! BOOO! HH All

There are old coins for sure. You have to wade through the trash to get it. Get a smaller coil and you'll have a lot easier time picking amongst the trash.

Here are some photos....

Attachments

• DSC_5447.jpg
    DSC_5447.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_5448.jpg
    DSC_5448.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_5450.jpg
    DSC_5450.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC_5454.jpg