Silver Cameo Yesterday; UPDATED With Mediocre Cleaning Results

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After reading all the surf and weather reports on Friday evening, I went out yesterday morning for the low tide thinking it would the better of the 2 days this weekend. Well it wasn’t, as today (Sunday) was a better day but that’s the way plans work sometimes. :roll: I hunted for about 4 hours before the winds shifted and came stronger from a directly onshore direction. No yellow since I don’t have an Equinox (:p) but I did manage some fun and what I believe to be a silver cameo. I think this is the 1st Cameo I’ve ever found. I have been trying to clean with the aluminum foil, baking soda and boiling water method but it seems to be pretty strongly encrusted. It’s currently under electrolysis. If I can get it looking decent I’ll add another pic.

Attachments

• 3-10-18.jpg
    3-10-18.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 3-10-18 Silver.jpg
    3-10-18 Silver.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Nice job pushing through. Interested to see how the electrolysis comes out.

Pretty cool! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like after the electrolysis. Good or bad, lets see some pics!

Pathetic! Look at your finds pic with the proper self evaluation? Its a solid Junk Shot! Unless you are happy with this mess, You better get your hands on a NOX, or this will be your future!...:laughing:

I like your hunts. I know what you go through to snag Felix pennies. I am hoping to stay longer next winter and I already have new booties and a shortie wetsuit.

Hopefully the wind will be nicer to me next year. That water gets rough!

Mud..... the Nox is a throw away machine. Your first hunt you find gold coins, gold rings... or lots of silver everyone missed. Then you throw it away and buy another one..... for those kind of finds again.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry i just couldnt resist that one. Good hunt...... and sure looks like silver.

I thought it was Spring Break this week? I figured all sorts of fresh drops and cell phones? :laughing: Maybe some crowd pics! Not the normal rotten old pennies!

Will be interesting to see if the electrolysis brings out some more detail. Btw, what do you do with those crusty pennies? I'm guessing the banks won't take them so do you have a bucket of them at home?

Interested to see how the electrolysis comes out.
Looking forward to seeing what it looks like after the electrolysis. Good or bad, lets see some pics!
Hope you can get the Cameo cleaned up, looks like it will be nice.
Love that Cameo!! I hope you post pictures of it cleaned up.

I don't know how long that was down there before I found it but this is the only beach I have found a Merc and a Buffalo. Despite electrolysis and hours of tumbling this is the best I can get it to.

Attachments

• Cameo2.jpg
    Cameo2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 274
Back
Top Bottom