New Civil War Relic Hunting Video!

MT1862

This was probobly one of my most memorable of relic hunts.

Not for the relics, but returning to a spot where the world of relic hunting was born for me.

And for those relic hunters I hunted with there, who no longer are with us.William Brown, Mickey Davis, and Tom Dickey, three true pioneers of relic hunting, gone but never forgotten. I could feel their presence as I hunted in the first camp we ever found.

And to that one relic hunter, my mentor, who showed me the correct way to be History's advocate, and for his forty plus years of friendship. "Paddle Robert!" was his battle cry!

They say treasure is where you find it..and I have found it in many many differant ways.

This video is dedicated to Dr. E. Cantey Haile, my mentor. He is retiring from his life-long journey, of healing those who needed his care, patience, and surgical skills.

He is a man of honor. And it is my honor to call him my friend.

I just turned 55, I hope I have a few more years to swing that loop beneath the Palmettos...because that IS where Heaven truely is..for me here on Earth!

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhmbJAal-Rk
REB

Thanks for sharing some great finds ,and an awsome story , man it must have been great to hunt that erea and think about the friends and days gone by . Very well done , and I'm sure your friends are smiling down from above . thanks again , really enjoyed it !

Nice video...and a bit inspirational for the side of me that deeply values the historical significance of some of the finds that may be found. Kudos on the finds...
HH!

What an amazing hunt. We have nothing to compare here. Thank you for bringing that history back into the light of day. Sounds like your mentors helped instill a true passion for you in your life.

I just get this message:

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

Dang, I wanted to watch it!...:no:

The Palmettos Have Spoken

This was probably one of my most memorable of relic hunts.

I just turned 55, I hope I have a few more years to swing that loop beneath the Palmettos...because that IS where Heaven truley is..for me here on Earth!
Enjoy!
REB

Category:
Thank you for sharing a video of your favorite hunting spot doing what we all love to do best...metal detect! It is especially fitting to see these relics see the light of day again as we are commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War and those Americans who gave their lives on both sides.
BTW - Moultrie Tavern was an especially inspiring place for me to visit when I was in Charleston, SC in the early 90s...enjoying a pint of Guiness and silently pondering the CW relics in their glass cases.
Happy 55th and Happy Hunting
Nick

Great video and finds but I'm a little depressed after viewing it. Jealous of the finds and the adventure. But more concerned that you consider yourself an "old man with dreams" at the ripe old age of 55. :roll:;) Give me a break. Hang in there and thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing a video of your favorite hunting spot doing what we all love to do best...metal detect! It is especially fitting to see these relics see the light of day again as we are commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War and those Americans who gave their lives on both sides.
BTW - Moultrie Tavern was an especially inspiring place for me to visit when I was in Charleston, SC in the early 90s...enjoying a pint of Guiness and silently pondering the CW relics in their glass cases.
Happy 55th and Happy Hunting

Nick

Thanks for the kind words!

Moultrie Tavern was my heart and soul. When I opened her I had no idea how much she would change my life, and the lives of others.

Putting my collection up for all to see was a joy, as well as cooking for all who graced my doorway.

Glad to know she is still thought of foundly..THANKS!!

Here is a link to my Moultrie Tavern1862 facebook page...join up!

Thanks,
Robert Bohrn http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Moultrie-Tavern-1862/116578221711228

Great video, Reb. I really enjoyed it.

I've heard of the gentlemen you mentioned and while I did not hunt with him I did meet Tom Dickey. In his own way he was as equally impressive as his famous brother as Tom was the complete Civil War artillery expert.

Back
Top Bottom