I give up!

Kraemer

Ok I’ve been in this hobby since last May and since then I have bought a F44, Tesoro Vaquero, T2+, F75+, E-Trac, V3I, VX3, CTX3030 and Multi-Kruzer. After all this I still ain’t found squat! I think maybe I need to hire someone to run my machines or buckle down and learn one well. What you guys think?

That's a lot of detectors in a short amount of time. Having a good metal detector is just part of the equation. In order to be successful you also have to have a good understanding of what the machine is telling you. To get to that point, you have to put in the time to learn its language. If you're bouncing around between that many different machines, it doesn't leave anywhere near enough time to really learn how to use any single one of them. I'd say pick the one you jive with the most, then invest your time learning all of the ins and outs of that machine. Do some research and try some different locations too.

Looks like you may need an AT Pro and and Equinox. :laughing:

If I were you, I'd figure out that 3030 and put some real practice in. Stick with it and come here for advice as you go. Some real experienced members on here.

Hmmm..this is odd indeed? Hunting hard since May?...All of us in our first year have pulled bigly stank! By now you should have at least found one Brasher gold coin and a dozen silver Escudos? Just from Middleschool chip totters! And here you are saying You cant find dik? Gotta be a technical problem!

OK, we on Friendly Forum are here to help!

Do a factory reset and maybe diddle around with your ground balance and get a set of decent headphones, buy a few books, and a cool looking Indiana Jones looking vest, a Meerschaum pipe and a pinpointer...Khaki pants... and then get out, before you know it, you will up to your knees in pennies and pulltabs me bucko! Knocking down big dirt stank just like we are! Pay attention to the upgrades you durned dummy!! : Yesterdays pennies cant be found with yesterdays rigs!l Everybody knows this! Upgrade constantly! :laughing:

Thanks for all the replies. After a sizable investment in equipment I have come to the conclusion that experience is what’s lacking. I have found silver and mass quantities of junk so am not quite as inept as I stated. I’ve concentrated a lot on the E-Trac and even have surprised myself how well I’ve done with it. Thanks again for the help it is appreciated.

Have hunted mostly in parks and abandoned old buildings. Did find a 1924 mercury dime just off the sidewalk only about 4” deep. This was a old shutdown boys home on many acres.Will spend months there it’s so big.

Not enough time spent learning, really learning, any of those machines.
Don't know what pushed you to get so many detectors in so short of a time, you seemed to be on a quest.
There are no magic tools, the magic is in the person standing behind them utilizing knowledge and experience.
Pick one, learn it well and your finds will grow...eventually.

Last edited:
Ok I’ve been in this hobby since last May and since then I have bought a F44, Tesoro Vaquero, T2+, F75+, E-Trac, V3I, VX3, CTX3030 and Multi-Kruzer. After all this I still ain’t found squat! I think maybe I need to hire someone to run my machines or buckle down and learn one well. What you guys think?

I think you should throw in the towel and send me the 3030😂😂😂

Did you miss it

Not enough time spent learning, really leaning, any of those machines.
Don't know what pushed you to get so many detectors in so short of a time, you seemed to be on a quest.
There are no magic tools, the magic is in the person standing behind them utilizing knowledge and experience.
Pick one, learn it well and your finds will grow...eventually.

Went to the Air and Space Museum but nothing was there " Surely you saw the sailboat fuel.

I have to say that I agree with what everyone has had to say. Never intended to accumulate as many machines as I have. I just really enjoy their differences and abilities. Really appreciate everyone’s input you guys are great!

Unless you are on virgin property most of the easy pickings have been scooped up. Several of the rigs you listed are good at finding the left overs but it usually is in the hands of experienced users.
If it is old coins you are after, start working on permissions. If the house is older than 1960 then you have a chance at silver. Detectorists have been hitting the parks and schools since the early 70’s
Keep an eye out for construction in the old parts of town. If they tear out Main Street or work on sidewalks, hit the dirt piles as well as the scraped dirt. If they scrape down a foot then the good stuff can be exposed and in reach. The early bird gets the worm. Here in Tulsa all of the retired guys are on the good spots like ants on ice cream.

Where you are hunting is the number one factor in what you find.

Not saying this is the case but some get a detector ( or a few ) and stubbornly keep trying to hunt the most obvious sites or sites that just don't produce. A person needs to branch out a little. I have known of people who gave up because they weren't having any luck , .....only because they resisted trying new or other areas. Often these areas have been pounded hard for decades because if they are the most obvious places to you chances are good they were the most obvious to everyone else as well. Do research and some scouting , and learn the detector well.

If you have all these detectors and learned them well , and get out more than once a month ,....there really can be no other reason for not finding anything other than choosing the wrong locations. There are fairgrounds , parks , playgrounds , vacant lots , sidewalk strips , river banks , demo sites , sledding hills , picnic areas , etc. ......and of course chance happenings while out for a walk. Try new sites not just new detectors

Back
Top Bottom