This is pathetic....Walmart.

Actually garrett probably said if you want it you pay for it, in attempt to protect their genuine dealers. Walmart's margins are generally thin. If they could sell it cheaper they would.

Actually garrett probably said if you want it you pay for it, in attempt to protect their genuine dealers. Walmart's margins are generally thin. If they could sell it cheaper they would.

Thin?
I was in retail for over 25 years.
If this is what they have to sell it for to make money then their margins are unusually thin.
So thin that they have to run around and around in the shower to get wet.

Not a fan either but it's not sold by Walmart. This product is sold by Zoro.

"Walmart.com's Sponsored Products are provided by the Google AdWords™ program. Companies pay for these links to have their products and services appear with specific search terms. These listings are administered, sorted and maintained by Google. Clicking on sponsored products will take you away from Walmart.com. The website you link to is not endorsed by Wal-Mart."
Kellyco has the CSI All Terrain on there for $979.00. It's all about the Benjamin's.

Thin?
I was in retail for over 25 years.
If this is what they have to sell it for to make money then their margins are unusually thin.
So thin that they have to run around and around in the shower to get wet.

Deleted. I was off topic, sorry. Wrong thread.

Wee Doggy !..........Shazam !....I wants 2 of em...........did u not see ? ...hits got free shipping ! !.......:laughing: :laughing: :lol: ....:D

Around here, no one spends $800+ at walmart.

Besides, I dont want one other local person buying a silver magnet. The ground just spits out silver as you walk by.

It's stupid how high they priced though things, they are priced high everywhere so Garret must jack up the prices significantly even for dealers. The thing is they are not made for the civilian market, they're made more for police departments, and other similar departments who pay with government money. Honestly they could probably sell them for $2k and still get government agencies buying them. Some departments get so much state and federal money they have to look for things to spend it on.

On the Garrett website they are $979 MSRP, no one is twisting anybodies arm to buy it. Is it the best model to sell through Walmart to the average consumer, probably not. Will it be a big seller for them to the average consumer, probably not.

The CSI kit also includes a Garrett Propointer. So that accounts for some of the extra price. There are other items included with the CSI version of the AT-Pro.

Not saying the price is justified, just that it isn't obvious from the ad appearing on Wal-Mart's site.

Yep

It's stupid how high they priced though things, they are priced high everywhere so Garret must jack up the prices significantly even for dealers. The thing is they are not made for the civilian market, they're made more for police departments, and other similar departments who pay with government money. Honestly they could probably sell them for $2k and still get government agencies buying them. Some departments get so much state and federal money they have to look for things to spend it on.

And if they don't spend that years budget the next year it drops so other department will get more. Messed up so messed up. Spending my tax dollars like it's water poring out of a glass, then always asking for more. :(

Back
Top Bottom