Please stop!!!

Big Treble

Forum Supporter
All you southern fellas, please stop posting pictures of cool finds.....or any finds at all for the next four weeks!!!!

Us poor northerners, still have locked up ground and are very jealous and are nearly going out of our mind waiting for soft ground. My wife has caught me several times in front of the patio doors rocking fast in a rocking chair mumbling feverishly in tongue, impatiently waiting for the snow to melt, all the while stroking a new detector I have not been able to swing yet.

And there you southerners go tantalizing, tempting and teasing us with your hordes of silver, bounties of gold and caches of valuable relics.:(

Can't we just go on with this forum arguing about how great or poor a potential prototype of a possibly new unreleased foreign detector may or may not be?

I might have to get evaluated this week.

I agree 100% I bought a New Deus Xp and I live in Western NY or the Arctic circle of WNY as its been called lately, I tried convincing my neighbors if we all cranked our heat up and opened our doors and windows we might cause a rise in outdoor temp they just look at me like im crazy!:?:

All you southern fellas, please stop posting pictures of cool finds.....or any finds at all for the next four weeks!!!!

Us poor northerners, still have locked up ground and are very jealous and are nearly going out of our mind waiting for soft ground.

I'll stop if you promise to keep quiet about how pleasant your hunting weather is during June, July, and August. About then is when you'll be "toughing it out" in 70 degree weather while we are sweltering and trying to dig bone dry clay soil in my area.

It all comes out in the wash. Right now, you need us to feed your fantasies. :laughing:

I'm about as far north as you can get and we are having the best winter/spring in years. Sorry your side of the country is catching all the winter. If it's any consolation I bet your arm and legs are not as sore as mine are...:razz:

Last edited:
I agree 100% I bought a New Deus Xp and I live in Western NY or the Arctic circle of WNY as its been called lately, I tried convincing my neighbors if we all cranked our heat up and opened our doors and windows we might cause a rise in outdoor temp they just look at me like im crazy!:?:

A true friend would hold the Knipco heater on the ground before u dig.

I'll stop if you promise to keep quiet about how pleasant your hunting weather is during June, July, and August. About then is when you'll be "toughing it out" in 70 degree weather while we are sweltering and trying to dig bone dry clay soil in my area.

Yeah but in the hot 70 degree weather I might perspire. Rest assured I will need something to complain about then as well:D

I live in New England and we're having this hard winter as well. Snow looks like its going to be here until June! I did live in Fl. Many years, didn't detect then but I worked outside the first 14-15 years. Its hot and humid, did I say humid? Staturated is more like it. Everything that crawls, flies, swims, and creeps around wants to kill you!
They don't get snowed in but diggers get "sanded in" and can be just as disappointed as a mder that's holding a snow shovel and takes a big step onto sheer ice hidden under a couple inches of soft new snow. At least that's the way I explained it in the ER!
On second thought, maybe I'd rather be " sanded in".:(:wow::no:

Okay we will stop but when you can get out you cant post anything about LC's, half dimes, trimes, etc. that we dont have a chance in hedoublehockeysticks of finding down here (at least in Texas) !!!

It's not only the south...you are just slightly geographically impaired.
You are in the SW part of Wisconsin, I am in the extreme NW part of Kansas.
Only about a 500 mile road trip through Iowa if you want to experience our suddenly stunning warmer, sunny weather.
65 today...I am going hunting.

I tried getting out for about an hour lastnight in SW Ohio. Finally had a day in the 50's that was melting off the snow. Took me about 25 minutes to chip through the frozen ground to retrieve a small piece of a harminca reed at about 8 inches. Decided I'll probably still need to wait a few more days but the weather man is telling me 50's -60's all this week so that's good news

I think the "stories and pictures" section should be closed for winter out of respect for us fellow northern MD'ers. I'm having bad withdrawals. I feel like a crack addict that's unwillingly enrolled in a 5 month program with no true set in stone end date. I just want out to get my fix!:lol:

It's so bad I'm thinking of breaking out the waders and hitting a river section I didn't get a chance to hit this summer. I think the water will be low because of the winter.... May have just talked myself into it, this thread pushed me over the edge. I just need to hear some beeps and tones!

if you want to experience our suddenly stunning warmer, sunny weather.
65 today...I am going hunting.

Grrrrrrr, you had to go there didn't you!?!?

Go ahead turn the knife in my back and rub some salt in it please.

My rocking chair is going 89 MPH right about now.

To everyone else, I lied, I'm sorry. I have swung my new MD. I'm very confident I know where every rebar and the pattern of the wire mesh in my basement floor is.:impatient:

Grrrrrrr, you had to go there didn't you!?!?

Go ahead turn the knife in my back and rub some salt in it please.

My rocking chair is going 89 MPH right about now.

To everyone else, I lied, I'm sorry. I have swung my new MD. I'm very confident I know where every rebar and the pattern of the wire mesh in my basement floor is.:impatient:

Last spring I went out with my ctx to a site I knew had to have silver and the snow was gone for about a week already. I got there and started swinging. I was finding some great sounding signals but no matter where I went (woods, grass, hill sides) the frost was down at least 10" still and it was impossible to dig. It was the worst experience ever hearing the targets and not being able to dig them. Never again! I will try digging before ever getting my md out....

Us poor northerners, still have locked up ground and are very jealous and are nearly going out of our mind waiting for soft ground. My wife has caught me several times in front of the patio doors rocking fast in a rocking chair mumbling feverishly in tongue, impatiently waiting for the snow to melt, all the while stroking a new detector I have not been able to swing yet.

And there you southerners go tantalizing, tempting and teasing us with your hordes of silver, bounties of gold and caches of valuable relics.:(

Can't we just go on with this forum arguing about how great or poor a potential prototype of a possibly new unreleased foreign detector may or may not be?

I might have to get evaluated this week.

At least you can see the ground again... or at least you can where I live which is north of you so I'm assuming you can. We've been getting weather in the 40s so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it stays above freezing and I might be able to get out detecting sooner than I expected. For now :waiting:

At least you can see the ground again... or at least you can where I live which is north of you so I'm assuming you can. We've been getting weather in the 40s so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it stays above freezing and I might be able to get out detecting sooner than I expected. For now :waiting:

Ok gabby, thanks u made me feel better, I do see some bare ground, but less than 15%

:lol:

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 377
Back
Top Bottom