Ever use your digger for protection?

Bunzee

Anyone ever had to use your digger for protection? I've detected in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods. The digger allowed for some level of comfort for me. I'm sure it would act as a deterrent too.

Thought I was going to need it for a very large Rottweiler he came charging me after jumping out of a open car window at my local park luckily he was just happy to see me :laughing:

Thought I was going to need it for a very large Rottweiler he came charging me after jumping out of a open car window at my local park luckily he was just happy to see me :laughing:

I had a pit do me the same way. ...Took 3 years off my life.:(

I was wondering that point, of carrying (open or concealed) while pursuing this hobby. I know the OP was talking about using the tools of the trade for self defense, but would that really be enough? Has anyone ever ran into trouble, or has trouble found you while detecting. It is interesting when you think of the isolated places we all "may" be at, while enjoying whichever type of treasure hunting we pursue.

No but this girl did...................:wow:
shovel-girl-gif.gif

Anyone ever had to use your digger for protection? I've detected in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods. The digger allowed for some level of comfort for me. I'm sure it would act as a deterrent too.

funny u asked...ive been practicing swingin my new 31" serated samson like a bat just in case some thug demands my detector...i figure if they have anything other than a gun...they arent getting it! :grin:

Yep! I had a pack of dogs come at me in a field. Apparently at least the pack leader had taken a beating in the past because when I dropped my detector and brought my digger up into action, he immediately turned tail and the rest followed. Without a HD shovel I might have faired far worse.

funny u asked...ive been practicing swingin my new 31" serated samson like a bat just in case some thug demands my detector...i figure if they have anything other than a gun...they arent getting it! :grin:

Same here, the sampson is like an axe and no matter where you hit them, they're in trouble.:D

I have never had any trouble. I do use my survival knife that I had while in Vet Nam. It has been my digging tool for over 30 years... I would feel sorry for anyone that wanted to cause trouble... KEN

I love dogs but I had a instance where a guy was taking his dog for a walk in the local park without a leash and i guess the dog didn't like my swing style so it came at my etrac and tried to bite the coil, well I lifted my detector up and it then came at me. Sorry to say i had to give it the boot. Felt really bad because I know it wasn't the dogs fault, it was his owners lack of brain cells. Owner finally got a hold off his dog and almost had it out with him. Ever since I carry a small pepper spray with me. You never know what's going to happen out there!

Never bring a knife to a gun fight. :D I like CCW, I don't want to get close enough to anyone to use my shovel, or be exposed to their blood if I had to, and chances are if they're planning to rob you they are carrying either a gun or knife as well.

Used my shovel a couple times at work. Some nut job threatened to kill me while I was working. He took off running when I was going to knee cap him:lol: Had to learn some self defense moves working in dangerous neighborhoods. If you can't reach your Lesche just cup your hand and smack them in the ear. It hurts worse than a groin shot:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom