how do people mannage to make money ?

shadowhound

it makes me wonder who would buy the stuff your willing to sell things such as relics but

i was wondering whats the most people have made from one dig i can understand selling gold or silver rings is pretty easy.

but some of the things i have seen such as bullets and buttons have blown my mind :D

Its amazing how fast the stuff we find adds up, I never though at all that I would find a single ring at all and now I have multiple. I never thought I would find this much clad in this amount of time and now I have close to 40 bucks. I never thought I would find a gold ring and I did.

I have dug one relic so far and I came across that by accident, a grapeshot cannon ball.

Worth about $20 to $40 according to some website auctions, but I ain't never going to sell this thing and I am always on the lookout for more.

Some relic hunters sell their finds at those traveling relic shows at malls and different places staged around the country all year long.

I hear a civil war bullet in good condition might get you up to $10-$12 each, and buckles and plates much more.

The rarer civil war buckle or relics can net you thousands.

thats pretty cool i havent started MDing yet but im all for the finding but then i wont wanna sell it :) i got sent 20 american coins and i was gonna sell them now i don't also do people coin roll hunt in the UK ?

Some old buckles and buttons can go for BIG bucks...I bought a horde of old musket parts maybe 2 years ago and resold them all either on ebay or to contacts made on ebay....I was amazed how much some people paid for a rusty musket lock....

I sold some CW mini-balls that I dug NEAR (not on!!!) the Gettysburg battlefield....in cluded some photos of the dig site as well as a map showing the location in relation to the park. Got a decent price for them. The ones I have left over won't be sold.....

Dusty

Check my signature to get my numbers! :lol: All that clad is going in the bank account! I am keeping only any older coins I find, which so far is only one 1940's wheatie! :no:

My goal is to make the detector pay for itself this year and any overage will go toward additional equipment or maybe gas money as even close sites costs $$ today to get to!

so if you put clad in the bank which i think you can then what would clad be classed as over here in the UK ? how do banks mannage to accept clad ?

so if you put clad in the bank which i think you can then what would clad be classed as over here in the UK ? how do banks mannage to accept clad ?

Clad refers to modern US coins which have multiple layers of metal in them, copper, nickel, zinc, etc. Most of the current U.S. coins have an inner core of copper, with outer layers of nickel, copper, etc, as compared to US coins 1964 and older which were 90% silver. So you are simply banking the newer change you find, the silver coins have greater collector or melt value.

I have found some old coins including 3 small Roman ones, I was also luck enough to find a German WWII dog tag outside of Berlin this year. The Relics I find can be attached with a price but it's finding people to buy them thats hard...

I didn't go into this thinking of making money. Thought more of it as a cap on what I'd expend for the true sense of what it was all about. There are serious 'seekers' out there with serious equipment, such as ships, etc that are trying to make money or gain some notoriety. I liken it to making a living at being a thief. If I could do millions, and not hurt anyone, I'd consider it. But with those stipulations, (not hurting anyone and millions) it's not in me to be a thief. Anything else less than life changing, other than the enjoyment, isn't worth the time. Same with my finds. They mean a lot to me. Hopefully someone will enjoy them later as much as I do. I didn't want to leave them in the ground for no one to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom