Pennies in the Economic Collapse

RyanChappell

Elite Member
Wouldn't it be ironic, if the financial systems collapse and the copper value in a penny goes from 2.8 cents (pre-83', .6 post-82) to 30 cents, (10 post) and they become the most common currency? They are much more common than silver and gold coins. Nickels would be good too.

Thats why I am hoarding them. Never know.
They don't cost much either.

My wife used to nag me to roll them up and cash them in. I never felt the urge, except for maybe to separate the copper ones, and cash in the post 82 cents, but never did. Copper is the next silver, silver is the next gold. I still think stocks are the way to go if things ever recover...

PM,s all the way. Wall Street is a fantasy.
They average 3% a year long term. Stocks average 10% long term, not a fantasy. If you want a straight line investment that leaves you with just bank CDs and annuities, yuck. The only thing propping metals up is consistently poor economic policy.

They average 3% a year long term. Stocks average 10% long term, not a fantasy. If you want a straight line investment that leaves you with just bank CDs and annuities, yuck. The only thing propping metals up is consistently poor economic policy.

Well, then it sounds to me like we will have no shortage of higher PM prices. Im sure there will be NO shortage of poor economic policy for the next decade or so. :(

Wouldn't it be ironic, if the financial systems collapse and the copper value in a penny goes from 2.8 cents (pre-83', .6 post-82) to 30 cents, (10 post) and they become the most common currency? They are much more common than silver and gold coins. Nickels would be good too.

I don't think it's if the financial systems collapse.it's when the systems tank,soon maybe?

I'll say it one more time. I'm afraid currency will be worthless if a major collapse comes. Just make sure you have some .17 cal heavy barrel varmit guns, a couple shotguns and plenty of ammo. To keep the deer away from your garden of course...

I'll say it one more time. I'm afraid currency will be worthless if a major collapse comes. Just make sure you have some .17 cal heavy barrel varmit guns, a couple shotguns and plenty of ammo. To keep the deer away from your garden of course...

Even gold and silver coins? I see what you are saying. Like if Zombieland happened, you can't eat gold, but I think we would be somewhere in between, and if people are still exchanging goods and services, something scarce and easily exchangeable would take the place of our current currencies.

People are already thinking gold and silver coins, so I am going to the next logical step Copper coins.

If you invested with Berny M you have lost all ;) Enron anyone :?:

way too many shysters out there. There is a whole boatload who haven,t been found out yet.

Yeah they go way too easy on them. Rob a bank and you get 10 year, pilfer your own company as CEO and you get 2 years in what amounts to a county club. There will never be enough of them to steal all the profits of a diversified portfolio! The stock market is the only place suitable for investments over 15 years. I am just not putting money there until the US stops trying to ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom